Laughing 'Can' 86

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I think it would help people who are interested in applying if you specified in the application section of the forums when they would just be wait-listed until the staff team had fewer people on it. That way people could make the decision about if they wanted to apply with the knowledge that even if they were accepted it would only be pending an open slot on the mod team. It can be pretty disheartening to go through the whole application process only to find out at the end that skial isn't really even accepting applications. bazaar.tf for example has a pinned post in their admin application section where they list their application status. This way people know when a good time to apply is.

Laughing 'Can' 86

As I understand it, the tag 'considering' means we don't need this position at the moment. but when we do you'd be a good candidate for it. But I think it'd make things easier if there was a place where it could be specified that there aren't any empty positions that need filling so a good application will just get marked considering until a position opens up.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
As I understand it, the tag 'considering' means we don't need this position at the moment. but when we do you'd be a good candidate for it. But I think it'd make things easier if there was a place where it could be specified that there aren't any empty positions that need filling so a good application will just get marked considering until a position opens up.
No, it doesn't mean that. It means you have a good chance of getting accepted. You just need to be patient.

Laughing 'Can' 86

No, it doesn't mean that. It means you have a good chance of getting accepted. You just need to be patient.
IYVSj

https://imgur.com/a/IYVSj

Its not about me being impatient. I just feel that better communication during the application process is important. Like the pending middle man application, "The only reason we have not welcomed you on to the team is because we are not currently in need of middlemen." But if there was a place someone could go before they applied that listed what skial was currently in need of and what it wasn't it would make it easier to know when a good time to apply for something is and when it isn't.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
IYVSj

https://imgur.com/a/IYVSj

Its not about me being impatient. I just feel that better communication during the application process is important. Like the pending middle man application, "The only reason we have not welcomed you on to the team is because we are not currently in need of middlemen." But if there was a place someone could go before they applied that listed what skial was currently in need of and what it wasn't it would make it easier to know when a good time to apply for something is and when it isn't.
Sarge gave a poor explanation.

There isn't a "good time" to apply, anyone can apply at any time. Applicants go through different stages. You have passed the "reviewing" stage, which technically means there is no issues with skial having too many admins or them not wanting you. If it was the case then they wouldn't have asked you questions and they would have told you that new admins are currently not needed. Therefore i don't think there need to be better or more communication. Your app being marked "considering" doesn't mean it will sit there for years until an admin leaves or gets fired. As RMSniper said, skial is always looking for admins. It just takes a little bit of time for them to decide, that's all.

Also, you can't really compare an admin app to a middleman app as skial's middlemen don't even frequent skial servers or don't do anything tf2 related, so those people are not really needed.