Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
While "Refusing to help advance your teams position" covers it, I still run across a lot of people who don't understand that it also means friendlying. I get the "I read the rules and don't see 'no friendlying!'" people often.

Adding "friendlying" somewhere in there should cut down on some confusion

For example

Harming your team for an extended period of time.
  • Refusing to help advance your teams position (also known as "friendlying")

Or

• Refusing to help advance your teams position / friendlying

What ever works really. As long as 'friendlying' is somewhere in there.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To clarify, this suggestion isn't because of the rule nitpickers who try to say something isn't against the rules because its not technically directly listed. Its for those who legitimately think friendlying is allowed because they don't understand "refusing to help advance your teams position" also covers friendlying.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I always point out to people who are being whiny about me killing them that it's against server rules. They always tell me no it isn't, and try to argue. I think it would be best to clarify some...it would probably deter some from doing it (though of course, not all.)

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
To clarify, this suggestion isn't because of the rule nitpickers who try to say something isn't against the rules because its not technically directly listed. Its for those who legitimately think friendlying is allowed because they don't understand "refusing to help advance your teams position" also covers friendlying.

As promised, +1

Meister

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1 Especially in regards to the Versus Saxton Hale servers. I'm tired of seeing players taking up the limited class slots for Scout, Engineer, and Spy and not do anything to help their team defeat the Hale.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
imo, this might cover it best:

• Refusing to help advance your teams position (this includes "friendlying")