Some LA servers temporarily down due to DDOS

Discussion in 'News' started by Bottiger, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

Some of our LA servers are down temporarily for a few hours due to DDOS attacks.

The attacks have been on the rise these past few months, happening on average about once every other day, and this is the first time in a long time that they were unable to handle the load.

We will see if this is a persistent targeted attack and look into possible improvement of our DDOS protection systems.

Meanwhile thank you for your understanding.

2. ckswarey the adware

ckswarey the adware Rage-Inducing Forum Troll

Steam:

I can tell you right now it’s not fucking me

3. Rux

Rux Mildly Menacing Medic Contributor

Steam:

Nor I but my feelings are severely hurt...

4. Luke

Luke Trade Moderator Contributor

Steam:

...the fact that you felt the need to post this, it says a lot.

5. Zivvv

Zivvv Somewhat Threatening Sniper

California amirite

6. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

We have been weathering attacks all week, but unfortunately we are getting an attack larger than our LA datacenter can handle, shutting down our most popular servers there such as 2Fort+ for a few hours every few days. The attacks usually happen around 8-11pm PDT.

In the past couple of months, there are rumors that there are people following TF2 streamers around and ddosing whatever server they are on.

We have been looking into moving the LA server to another datacenter which is basically DDOS proof but it is brand new and has poor routing right now, which means it has double pings for many people in the west.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice