• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

1xx1

Unremarkable User
To the skial community,

I want to ask those questions:

1) it's possible to add the muzzleflashes to the whitelist?

2) I have some skins of weapons installed. If I understand correctly, in the whitelist is possible to have it enabled in first person mode. How?

Thank you in advance.

Sir Xavier

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It's not stupid. You're creating an unfair advantage over other players.

And how, i mean it just changes the sound of the footsteps, not the volume of the footsteps, + we're not in CS, come on, i've never used footsteps in TF2 to found someone and i think it's the case for 99% of the TF2 players

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
And how, i mean it just changes the sound of the footsteps, not the volume of the footsteps, + we're not in CS, come on, i've never used footsteps in TF2 to found someone and i think it's the case for 99% of the TF2 players
You'd be surprised.

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy

Many people will do anything to gain an unfair advantage in online gaming - that includes changing footsteps from light taps to an elephant coming down the corridor, or giving the spies normal cloak a completely different and much louder sound instead of the soft hissing noise. When I quit CS 1.6 many years ago you could guarantee that at least 3 people on your team were hacking and they didn't even bother hiding it. I remember on the map "cobblestone" in particular they just hit their speed hack at T spawn and flew up the pathway like the bionic man. It pretty much destroyed the game for me, it had turned into an absolute farce.

Last edited:

1xx1

Unremarkable User
guys....I only wanted my two questions answered, but now the topic seems threadjacked....

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
To the skial community,

I want to ask those questions:

1) it's possible to add the muzzleflashes to the whitelist?

2) I have some skins of weapons installed. If I understand correctly, in the whitelist is possible to have it enabled in first person mode. How?

Thank you in advance.

Muzzleflash - my guess is no, because they can be made transparent. That might seem like nothing but a flamethrower can actually cause you not see to see someone if they happen to move through your field of vision exactly where the flames are obstructing them, the same appplies to the minigun. Imagine you're firing and the flames are blocking a door/window at just the right distance from view...someone runs past it and you never see, with transparency you would. So it's an advantage.

First person mode - my understanding is any first person weapon skins are allowed because you can turn viewmodels off anyway. I normally only have mine on as spy to watch my cloak isn't hit.

1xx1

Unremarkable User
First person mode - my understanding is any first person weapon skins are allowed because you can turn viewmodels off anyway. I normally only have mine on as spy to watch my cloak isn't hit.

So if the viewmodels skins are allowed, why my skins not work when I put "cl_first_person_uses_world_model" to 0 ?

1xx1

Unremarkable User
Have you tried this yet?

http://mods.skial.com

If not, this is required to have your mods enabled on Skial. Follow the directions on that page and you should be set.
Got it. Anyway what means "as root directory"? Means the classic "my_custom_stuff" folder?

EDIT: nevermind. I found it how the site works. Thank you everyone for the help!

Last edited: