Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hey there guys. I've got two unused redemption codes for the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle. The total value of the games included in the bundle are over $30 if you were to buy them on Steam (or $50 if you were to buy all of them directly from the developer's website, including those not available on Steam).

I'll be selling them for $20 worth of either Steam games or TF2 items each. If you want to trade a Steam game for a code, check my wishlist for things I'm currently interested in.

If you want, we can use a Skial mod/admin as a middleman, as this trade cannot be done through Steam, as the Humble Bundle codes have NOT been activated and can't be attached to a Steam account until then.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I thought the Humble Bundle can be purchased for a little bit more than 5$? At least last time I visited their homepage you could beat the average price with a little more than 5$.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I thought the Humble Bundle can be purchased for a little bit more than 5$? At least last time I visited their homepage you could beat the average price with a little more than 5$.
The Frozenbyte bundle ended a few months ago. This isn't for the current bundle. I didn't buy any extras of this bundle (I normally buy about 10-20 bundles each time they release a new one, and give some to friends and trade away the rest). I buy them for a decent amount, too. I'll buy my personal bundle for at least $20 (depending on what games are included), and I buy the rest for about $5-10 each for friends. Supporting charities/indie devs is a fun thing. :)

Also, I'm not suggesting that somebody drop real money on a game to trade. If you already have a giftable copy that you'd be up for trading, I'd prefer that. I don't want to make anybody spend money if they don't have to.

W8baby

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
You can buy the humble bundle for 1 cent. People on 4chan were giving them away for free when the bundle was out and some people on skial were selling them for 1 ref each during the halloween update.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not everybody has the means to buy it for real money, though. Also, the value of the bundle isn't determined by how much I spent on it, but by the games inside.

Besides, I bought these for $10 each, anyway.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Does it have Trine and Shadowgrounds?
Yes, it does.
You want 20$ but only spent 10$. I don't think the humble foundation had that in mind that people make huge profit off of a charity :(
I donate a lot more than 99% of the people who buy the bundle. And I've done it for nearly every single bundle (I missed out on the first two completely). I spent probably a total $70 on the Frozenbyte bundle alone, giving friends gift keys. I don't think it's so bad that for a couple extra keys I bought, that I'd ask for some cheap Steam games for them, at well under the value of the games included in the bundle.

TheSuperAnon

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Yes, it does.
I donate a lot more than 99% of the people who buy the bundle. And I've done it for nearly every single bundle (I missed out on the first two completely). I spent probably a total $70 on the Frozenbyte bundle alone, giving friends gift keys. I don't think it's so bad that for a couple extra keys I bought, that I'd ask for some cheap Steam games for them, at well under the value of the games included in the bundle.
Yes, thank you for donating, but that doesn't matter. You're still "selling" these for a high monoterize price, If you wanted to really help the company, you would buy them for $35, and sell them for $0.01 to people. That is being generous.

I would say the codes are worth a refined, at most. The items you get total up to be 1.33, (if you sell them both from spacechem) however, there is labor evolved to get the items, so 1 ref is about right.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
They usually go for 1 ref while they're the current bundle, simply because of the ease of acquiring the bundle. But this bundle's discontinued now, which means that it's rather difficult to get yourself a code.

Look at it this way. Regardless of the fact that it's a charity (that got a lot more money through me for these keys than it likely would get through whoever I'm going to trade them to), the total value of the games exceeds what I'm asking for. The games have value, just like any giftable game on Steam has value. If you buy a Steam game on sale, that doesn't mean that you would trade it away for the sale price. You trade it for what it's actually worth.

The value of any item in the world is not determined by what you pay for it, but what other people are willing to pay for it. People would pay for these games at full price from the developer. I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying less than full price from me, where the games are still already paid for (just like a Steam giftable game).