Reporter

Administrator
So, what do I have to expect?
I still have to open TF2 after the new update because my connection is crappy and it takes long to download but after seeing so many complaints I have some questions.
Until, say, this morning, I was curious about the changes they promised, about casual mode, comp mode, the balances and the rest but now I don't know what to expect when I will open the game because so many people are having problems with the casual mode queue. Also, many are upset because valve servers are gone so outside of casual mode we can only play on community servers or whatever like skial, that say all the time to activate html to see the add or they will kick you for reserved slots (by the way, who the hell donates to these servers?). I can understand why people are upset because that was the five snipers+four spys+three engies/scouts-team paradise and they were just places where to go to screw around and get praised by the gybus because your medic has fancy cosmetics (while spamming e, obviously), at least for me after the first 300 hours when I started to feel that kind of utopia confusing because when you start to know how the game works you don't expect to be killed by a lost scout near your base that happened to be there just the one time you had 1 health. I don't really mind to play on community servers because those ads just don't work with my crappy connection but I can still just open the server page and choose to go on the server I played in yesterday? I just hope now it won't be filled with teams like the one I described earlier.
Secondary, the casual mode should match you with players at your level, it means I can't join a game of a friend with twice my hours of play and also with better skill than me, because he's too skilled?
What upsets me more about the casual mode is the penalty for leaving because it can be a problem for those like me with a bad connection that sometimes makes the game unplayable like when I shoot someone in the face and I do nothing even at low ping when it doesn't crash in the first place. If this counts as disconnection mid match then I'll grow old before I can join a game.
Also I'd like to know if you can be sent to far servers where you get terrible pings. I read a lot about US and AU servers, what is the situation in Europe?

Author: Doctor_Camed

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/4rw3nn/so_what_do_i_have_to_expect/
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/4rw3nn/so_what_do_i_have_to_expect/?ref=search_posts