• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's not even close to the same thing. Valve isn't doing any charity shit like they did with the golden wrench so what actual good did that pan serve? None, it was just eye candy *to some people*. So people getting angry about him destroying an item he owned is absolutely stupid and those people should feel like stupid dicks for spamming his profile.
Since when did Valve do the charity? Do your research, A user asked the other golden wrench users if they would participate in the charity and a select few decided too. If this individual went to other pan owners and did that, then I'd see reason for deletion but they didn't.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Since when did Valve do the charity? Do your research, A user asked the other golden wrench users if they would participate in the charity and a select few decided too. If this individual went to other pan owners and did that, then I'd see reason for deletion but they didn't.
I was already corrected you fuck. Do your research.

Last edited:

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you guys need to stop defending the people who are upset about this.
And creeper you need to lay off the people who are bitching about this

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If it's really not much of a big deal for everyone here, why is there a thread going?
Carry on...

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
He stated on his profile that it was an accident.. I dont understand how it is all these people's business what he has done. Most of them are probably just making fun of it, obviously because they were jealous, the other ones are attention wh*ring.

Internet is a cruel place.

Last edited:
Reactions: yumi

yumi

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
He stated on his profile that it was an accident.. I dont understand how it is all these people's business what he has done. Most of them are probably just making fun of it, obviously because they were jealous, the other ones are attention wh**ring.

Internet is a cruel place.

I still think it's silly if it would've been on purpose.
Surely it's just a virtual item and you can do as you wish, but there are better uses for $2000 than to burn it/throw it away.

You could fund schooling, buy a few used cars even.

Ah well, it doesn't really matter in the end. It's his money.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
all of the comments on his profile are related to the golden pan
first ones are congratulating him on getting it
the others on congratulating him on destroying it

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Ohe noe someone deleted some yellow pixels, call the cyber police.
actually, no pixels were deleted, since they're still within the game files. he just simply cleared an entry in the array that signifies his backpack

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't like expensive virtual items for the reason that someone else can make it totally useless by just pulling the plug on the game it's in. If it ever gets to a point where Valve ditches TF2 completely and turns off multiplayer then everything in a backpack is useless. I know this will probably never happen for a long time but it's still something that can happen whenever Valve feels the need to do it. The idea of spending hundreds or thousands on aesthetic data that could deleted by someone else at anytime just sounds insane to me.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Kinda dumb, yea, he's probrably wealthy so he did it just because he can. Who cares what people do with their money.