• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Cr33p3r, you don't get it. The guy was a complete moron for deleting the frying pan. That thing holds a value of about $2,500 and people would most likely buy it. So basically, he could've sold it on PayPal, and used that $2,500 for something meaningful, but no, he was a complete dumbass and deleted it. Pretty damn sure it isn't just a "virtual fucking item".
Yeah okay, deleting a goddamn virtual fucking item makes somebody a dumbass. Do you honestly think that? That's a stupid way to think, how many people do you know that would have used that money for something meaningful? Probably not a lot, most people would just buy random shit for themselves. He says he deleted it by accident anyway so why the fuck do you feel the need to be a dick about it? And yes, it is just a virtual item.

Deleted

Positively Inhumane Poster
Yeah okay, deleting a goddamn virtual fucking item makes somebody a dumbass. Do you honestly think that? That's a stupid way to think, how many people do you know that would have used that money for something meaningful? Probably not a lot, most people would just buy random shit for themselves. He says he deleted it by accident anyway so why the fuck do you feel the need to be a dick about it? And yes, it is just a virtual item.
*Throws $2,500 dollars into the trash and thinks he's a genius*. Plus, how do you "accidentally" delete something that valuable? It is not that easy to delete something from last that I recall. But I mean if it really was a complete accident and he felt 100% guilty for it, then I forgive him. Although how do you know that or not?

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well. That changes a lot of things. Man... that really sucks actually.
a724c8459d397eaec256220d34c0cdba.png

It's coo. He thinks it's funny.
*Throws $2,500 dollars into the trash and thinks he's a genius*
It's not guaranteed to sell for close to that much.
It's also a virtual fucking item. It's not the same as actually taking money and throwing it away because it can be made out of nothing.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well okay then. If it's alright with him... whatever then.

If this guy had been deleting the pan for attention whoring purposes, that would have made things different.
I would do that just for the lols but who am I kidding, I'd just buy more games.

Deleted

a724c8459d397eaec256220d34c0cdba.png

It's coo. He thinks it's funny.

It's not guaranteed to sell for close to that much.
It's also a virtual fucking item. It's not the same as actually taking money and throwing it away because it can be made out of nothing.
The fact that it is virtual doesn't change the fact that it is worth $2,500 and could be sold somewhere around there. It is just like a dollar bill in a way. Of course some think piece of material (it isn't really paper) used to make a $100 bill really isn't worth $100, it is just how rare it is in the market. If tons of people had it, then it wouldn't be worth as much money as it is now. It is just complicated. Something as rare as the Golden Frying Pan shouldn't be treated as some "virtual item" because it literally can be sold for $2,500, or at least close to.

Deleted

I would do that just for the lols but who am I kidding, I'd just buy more games.
Hell with $2500 I would buy a new computer. Then I could actually play half of the games in my library that run like shit on my PC, aka COD: AW.

Reactions: Chance

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The fact that it is virtual doesn't change the fact that it is worth $2,500 and could be sold somewhere around there. It is just like a dollar bill in a way. Of course some think piece of material (it isn't really paper) used to make a $100 bill really isn't worth $100, it is just how rare it is in the market. If tons of people had it, then it wouldn't be worth as much money as it is now. It is just complicated. Something as rare as the Golden Frying Pan shouldn't be treated as some "virtual item" because it literally can be sold for $2,500, or at least close to.
It's not legit worth $2,500. That is just the very stupid prices of the shit filled Team Fortress 2 community. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Hell with $2500 I would buy a new computer. Then I could actually play half of the games in my library that run like shit on my PC, aka COD: AW.
I would do that if I didn't already have a great pc.

Deleted

It's not legit worth $2,500. That is just the very stupid prices of the shit filled Team Fortress 2 community. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Well, there are buy orders for 900 keys. So if we do the math, TF2 keys sell for $2.50 each on the Steam market. Well 900*2.5 = $2250. Well look at that, only $250 lower. So I think you were a tad bit wrong in that statement. But I guess it won't sell well at $2500 exactly though.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, there are buy orders for 900 keys. So if we do the math, TF2 keys sell for $2.50 each on the Steam market. Well 900*2.5 = $2250. Well look at that, only $250 lower. So I think you were a tad bit wrong in that statement. But I guess it won't sell well at $2500 exactly though.
I mean it really shouldn't be worth that much especially for what it is. The community prices are stupid.

Deleted

I mean it really shouldn't be worth that much especially for what it is. The community prices are stupid.
I agree with you 100%, but, that doesn't mean you treat it like crap to the point where you accidentally delete it. Hell I would sell it immediately after getting it. Silly people.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Valve isn't doing any charity shit like they did with the golden wrench so what actual good did that pan serve?
Valve didn't do any charity shit with the Golden Wrench either (aside from restoring one Golden Wrench that was deleted prior to the event via. unauthorized access, since it was intended to be deleted during the event), that was a community thing.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Valve didn't do any charity shit with the Golden Wrench either (aside from restoring one Golden Wrench that was deleted prior to the event via. unauthorized access, since it was intended to be deleted during the event), that was a community thing.
Whoops. Well either way that's not happening with the Pans atm.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Déjà vu, on January this year. 100+ pages of hate comments. And that guy did it on purpose and made a video about it.

15 mins of fame.

Reactions: Chance

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
If you waste more than $20 trolling a group of people you're not going to get a good return on your investment.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is fucking stupid. It was an accident, and those happen everyday. At least he's being a good sport about the hate comments.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
It's a virtual fucking item. People honestly get upset by that? That's just stupid.
considering some people pay rent by flipping unusuals and other high value items makes it a little more than just a game i cashed out on tf2 gaining 400 dollars out of 20 dollars and a uncraftable tc i bought from the mann co shop 3 years ago and thats nothing compared to what some people will sell/trade in a day

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
that shit's kinda pretty fucking expensive so i wonder why he did it
let me tell you a story
a long time ago, I was in Burma, and my friends and I were working for the local government. they were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones, but their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. so, we went looking for the stones, but in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him.

one day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. the bandit had been throwing them away. so why steal them, you might ask? well, because he thought it was good sport.

because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. they can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. some men just want to watch the world burn.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDAWG