HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Anyone bought it?
I know this is late as fuck, but i've just restarted playing d3.
From what i've seen now, is that they removed the AH to "not pay to win", and they changed it into "buy this DLC to have fun and win".
Some items, for example "penders purchase", are op and can only be made with the expansion...

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have it but I haven't played a lot of it, my friend has and really enjoys the new class. I think, from what I've played so far, that it is worth it to buy.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Anyone bought it?
I know this is late as fuck, but i've just restarted playing d3.
From what i've seen now, is that they removed the AH to "not pay to win", and they changed it into "buy this DLC to have fun and win".
Some items, for example "penders purchase", are op and can only be made with the expansion...
the big patch coming out in a month or so. Still lots of flaws and once you get geared out it gets boring really fast. Nothing much to do except level pargons. but everything before your perfect gear its fun.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
big patch?
yeah they adding ladders so bots and people with no lives get to race to lvl 70. They also adding greater rifts which you start on one level and when you complete it and kill the boss a new level opens up and each level gets harder and harder they are also adding a few new legendaries to the season ladders and buffing and nerfing a lot of classes. If you hated d3 on launch day then you probably wont enjoy ros. It just gets to repetitive. Yes it is fun at first but doesnt have much replay value. You can get a lvl 70 character in a day and have him fully geared in a week or two. Then after that nothing to do unless you like endless monster slaying with no reward. The dev team is trying their hardest. But Activision ruined the game by making the target audience console players.

Worth the $40? yes i got my money for it. But dont expect to play it for years. If you want to play the true successor to D2 then play Path of Exile its free on steam

Last edited:
Reactions: staticvoid

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
why the fuck? that's my favorite class
It was my favorite class too. Now I switched to Crusader.

Compare initial costs of 18 to new costs of 30... Can you imagine for how long you'll be able to cast Disintegrate now?
  • Arcane Torrent
    • Now has an initial cost of 30 Arcane Power
    • Weapon damage increased from 573% to 670%
  • Disintegrate
    • Weapon damage increased from 511% to 580%
  • Ray of Frost
    • Weapon damage increased from 510% to 605%

Release notes are HERE.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
And thank God I'm using 1h weapon with Fervor as a passive skill since it looks like they're gonna nerf the shit out of "Heavenly Strength":

cQn2k76.jpg

"This is in response to an increase in damage to all two-handed melee weapons and the goal is for the damage of Crusaders using Heavenly Strength to stay the same or increase slightly"

What about the fact that attack speed is significantly lower for 2h weapons? IMO, it's just plain stupid.
So I think we're gonna see less and less two-handers now.. :D

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It was my favorite class too. Now I switched to Crusader.

Compare initial costs of 18 to new costs of 30... Can you imagine for how long you'll be able to cast Disintegrate now?

• Arcane Torrent

Weapon damage increased from 573% to 670%
    Disintegrate

Weapon damage increased from 511% to 580%
    Ray of Frost

Weapon damage increased from 510% to 605%

Release notes are HERE.
seriously, fuck RoS

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
seriously, fuck RoS
Hold on.. It looks like they've updated patch notes yesterday. I've just been reading through it. It looks like they've removed cost increase for the spells and only increased the damage - so they are actually buffing the Wizard now.
Also, another positive change I noticed is:

XSTxCVR.png

Seriously, I started getting tired of all these free riders just standing there and waiting for someone to open the rift. Now you'll have to pay 1 keystone to enter the rift opened by someone else. Great idea.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hold on.. It looks like they've updated patch notes yesterday. I've just been reading through it. It looks like they've removed cost increase for the spells and only increased the damage - so they are actually buffing the Wizard now.

XSTxCVR.png

Seriously, I started getting tired of all these free riders just standing there and waiting for someone to open the rift. Now you'll have to pay 1 keystone to enter the rift opened by someone else. Great idea.
They buffed wizard?

That's my only level 70 class right now, so I'm cool with that.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor

XSTxCVR.png

HALLELUJAH HOSANNA IN THE HIGHEST

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wizard was pretty stronk already, and now they buff it? I never see any Witch doctors because they simply are not viable in high tier