Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Apparently they brought over some game other servers play where the warden chooses a guard to melee fight a red chosen by another Red who's considered the trainer. I just wanna know if this is banned or not, because it's basically an organized warday/boxing game and I just wanna know if something like this will fly on the server before I make reports or anything about it. It's stupid as hell, so I won't care if it's considered banned or not, but I'd love to know if it is or not and maybe clarify it in the rules?

Reactions: staticvoid

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I thought the grey pit near minefield was made for pokemon battles.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Apparently they brought over some game other servers play where the warden chooses a guard to melee fight a red chosen by another Red who's considered the trainer. I just wanna know if this is banned or not, because it's basically an organized warday/boxing game and I just wanna know if something like this will fly on the server before I make reports or anything about it. It's stupid as hell, so I won't care if it's considered banned or not, but I'd love to know if it is or not and maybe clarify it in the rules?
I don't tend to play jb but that doesn't seem fair considering how easy people could just go heavy with the bear gloves, soldier with the equalizer or any weapon that makes the enemy bleed.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't tend to play jb but that doesn't seem fair considering how easy people could just go heavy with the bear gloves, soldier with the equalizer or any weapon that makes the enemy bleed.
It's no different to boxing which is so allowed that there's a built in map feature for it that is used frequently.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, I know warday is banned but not rounds where you box it out, but usually the warden doesn't make his guards box it out because that leaves him vulnerable. It kinda feels like an organized warday/boxing round, and I've seen people arguing about it on and off over the past couple of days. The only time I've ever seen this game show up is on servers that have plugins for wardays and such. The pit near minefield has always been broken and no one really ever uses it for anything.

The only thing I have against this is that something like that can go downhill really fast. Such as when opinionated games got banned because they ended up being abused by a handful of users. Otherwise I really don't care if it's allowed or not.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I would say it's not.
Boxing doesn't allow blu interference, and is thus allowed.
If guards fight, it's warday which is not allowed.

Beetlejuice

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
To add to TapTap, maybe what a warden could do is pick 2 red trainers, rather than 1 red and 1 blue. The only problem would be determining whether or not the trainers get LR since they didn't actually fight. I would say it is banned until we can think of a solid way of playing it.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
To add to TapTap, maybe what a warden could do is pick 2 red trainers, rather than 1 red and 1 blue. The only problem would be determining whether or not the trainers get LR since they didn't actually fight. I would say it is banned until we can think of a solid way of playing it.
That wouldn't be fair if the trainer(s) didn't get the chance for an LR. On the other server that sometimes played this, after every guard was defeated, the last guard thing kick in. Or when every red was defeated, their LR plugin would kick in. But that's part of the problem, I guess. Our server doesn't have those kind of plugins to do some of the things other servers are able to. But yeah, if both you and taptap think it should be banned it should probably be added in the rules where it mentions banned games.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I wouldn't ban it now, we'll have to discuss it in details and I've never seen it being played before.
We can add a rule that prevents blues from participating in any game (which makes sense) and that would fix the problem.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If this is actually happening, having only reds compete would probably be a good idea.