Feldethain

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
With maps, like any other game, is a delicate art. It needs a good balance of being visually appealing, good level design, class and team balance, working and fun minigames, to fit the overall aesthetic. Snowball is back in Skial Jailbreaks rotation, despite the vocal majority being displeased with the map, so it's important to list changes that could improve the overall experience.

Some issues I've spotted lately (List will update as I discover more)

Level Design:

There's a large disparity on how many snipers and scouts are used by both teams compared to any other class, for long-range attacks or mobility, which is too crucial to pass up in the current map style
Severity: Medium-high. By ruling out certain classes by one's inherent bonuses, it no longer offers the option of a counterplay style, especially for slow-classes, lack of blast-jumping, etc.
Proposed Fix: Bring down the total size of main platforms, add more strategically placed walls under the guise of aesthetic changes, i.e. more props, pathways. adjust the height of the map so there isn't so much of a overly-dramatic high drop into the magma below, as it could draw into rendering problems. Separating the tall wall brushes would just needlessly add to the entity limit, and having large unconcealable brushes or entities might drag into performance on lower-end machines.

Armoury: Breaking the top roof hatch to break in takes only two spy melee attacks to break open. Combined with the maps dangerously open design, it's risky, but should be met with more constricting level design rather than just offer a boost in lieu of proper design.
Severity: High.
Proposed Fix: Increase roof health.

Fall Game: The textures of the blocks don't match the shape of blocks that fall.
Severity: Not too important, but not negligible. Can cause confusion on block placement on game startup.
Proposed Fix: Not that difficult, but manually scaling the texture should work just fine, since it appears to be a dev texture anyways

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I think one of the main issues with snipers is that rebel sport that teleports you to jeopardy. All you need is one sneaky sniper to get there and it's basically game over if there isn't a counter-sniper on Guards.

You think I should just add some cover for the cell area? Perhaps even have it inside a room? Or as you say bring down the height, I can lower jeopardy a bit if you'd like especially since it is already a jump away from the skybox.

The rest should be easy fixes.

Reactions: Meebas