Astir

Legendary Skial King
I have Java Development Kit. What should I do/where should I go to re-install everthing that is Java-related? (And will this affect my Java-work for school?)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have Java Development Kit. What should I do/where should I go to re-install everthing that is Java-related? (And will this affect my Java-work for school?)
That I don't know. I have no idea what your involvement with JDK is and what packages you will need to re-install. You actually should know it since apparently you were the one who installed it. HERE is the guide on how to install both JDK and JRE.
As far as I know, all applications are using JRE (runtime environment) and that's what I'd recommend re-installing.

This is what I would've uninstall on my PC:

ffhlrrO.png

• Have you tried creating a new Skype account and logging in using it?
Also, try the following steps since Skype works in Safe Mode) even though it may take some time:
  • Go into Safe Mode with Networking and look at which services (NON-MICROSOFT ONLY) are running and write them down (Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Services).
bLnxw8q.png

• Restart in normal mode
  • Click start then run and type msconfig
  • In msconfig you can disable the services one by one.
  • Just check the services that you have wrote down and restart the computer.
  • Your computer will restart loading only those services (the same ones Safe Mode with Networking uses)
  • Check if the issue persists.

Last edited:

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Reinstalled Java: no change

It automatically logs in, so no haven't tried another account

Will do the safe mode thingy now.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It automatically logs in, so no haven't tried another account
You can actually do that through the browser... Go to www.skype.com and
  1. try logging in using your original account;
  2. create new account and then on the Skype window you are getting stuck on use one of the menus from the top to change the account (I believe, SKYPE menu should let you log in as another user):

N1JvHQh.png

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Try unchecking the boxes in the following order trying launching Skype upon each reboot until it starts fine:

• Skype updater
  • Reboot
  • Symantec and Malwarebytes services
  • Reboot
  • Adobe Acrobat Update Service
  • Reboot
  • Epson Scanner Service
  • Reboot
  • Dritek WMI Service
  • Reboot

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sorry, man. Skype Support or re-installing the OS seem to be your only options.
If I have time tomorrow for screensharing (I doubt I will since it's Thanksgiving here) - I'll let you know.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Thank you anyway to be willingly to help. I will contact Skype support tomorrow, I have had enough of it today. Most probably I will uninstall Norton and get AVG instead.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
One more thing to try meanwhile..

Open command prompt (Start > Run > cmd) and type chkdsk c: /r and then reboot your PC. Wait patiently until Disk Check completes (may take some time).

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
I read your thread at community.skype.com. When you were asked, "Have you tried to bypass your router and connect directly to the modem," what is meant by this is that you should plug the ethernet cable from your computer directly into your DSL/cable modem.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I have tried it over night, however nothing changed. Also I am at my parental house for the weekend, but even with a different internet connection and provider the problem persists.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Tough luck. All my suggestions were taken from Skype's forums.
So there are two explanations to the current state of things:
  • You have't followed my suggestions precisely or you missed something;
  • You've managed to install some *ware (soft-; mal-; spy-; etc.) that has fucked up your OS.
I hate to be a bearer of bad news, my man, but it looks like the only option you got is to re-install the OS. I'm 80% positive Skype forums won't be of any help.