• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Grass velk.ca

Unremarkable User
I put them as the zip and signed them, but to no avail. I put them right at the base of custom, tell me what I'm doing wrong plz

gala

Contributor
I put them as the zip and signed them, but to no avail. I put them right at the base of custom, tell me what I'm doing wrong plz
What mod are you trying to download, if it doesn't work its likely it didn't pass the checks to make it verified

Grass velk.ca

Unremarkable User
What mod are you trying to download, if it doesn't work its likely it didn't pass the checks to make it verified
I got the signed vpk, and im downloading 4 mods all skin mods, blood kunia, ace of spades revolver, and others all skin related

gala

Contributor
Try naming them like this
NfdJalP.png
LPGdpfo.png

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Are you batching them all in one zip folder? Each mod should be done individually, this is better for later down the line since mods can become outdated.

The process should start as such: Take the mod you want to install, put them into a new folder, then turn the folder into a zip file. You can do this with the built-in feature by right-clicking the file and compressing it to zip or using 7-zip. If the standard windows zip way doesn't work try 7-zip or vice versa.

Once you have the zip uploaded on the verifier, let it do its thing, once it's downloaded simply extract it into custom inside the tf2 folder and then test in-game on the itemtest map.

If the mods work on itemtest they should work on Skial, you are now free to go back into the custom folder and rename it, remember though, once you rename a mod you must keep the _000 and _dir tags at the end of the name otherwise the signature doesn't work. An example of how a finished renamed mod should look is posted above from Gala.

Repeat this with each mod you have until you are satisfied. Verified mods work on both our servers and other community servers which allow mods.

If you need more assistance, just ask.

Grass velk.ca

Unremarkable User
Are you batching them all in one zip folder? Each mod should be done individually, this is better for later down the line since mods can become outdated.

The process should start as such: Take the mod you want to install, put them into a new folder, then turn the folder into a zip file. You can do this with the built-in feature by right-clicking the file and compressing it to zip or using 7-zip. If the standard windows zip way doesn't work try 7-zip or vice versa.

Once you have the zip uploaded on the verifier, let it do its thing, once it's downloaded simply extract it into custom inside the tf2 folder and then test in-game on the itemtest map.

If the mods work on itemtest they should work on Skial, you are now free to go back into the custom folder and rename it, remember though, once you rename a mod you must keep the _000 and _dir tags at the end of the name otherwise the signature doesn't work. An example of how a finished renamed mod should look is posted above from Gala.

Repeat this with each mod you have until you are satisfied. Verified mods work on both our servers and other community servers which allow mods.

If you need more assistance, just ask.
Man, I figured it out. Turns out you can't have models. I didn't know this because the only mod that wasn't a model and just a skin didn't work. Also all of the model mods where in the skin category, bru moment. Thanks!

Grass velk.ca

Unremarkable User
Ok i wasnt doing the root(like the one that says model) file i was doing the second to last file smh, so you in 2024 hope this solves your problem

• Dumb
Reactions: Metroidz