dgoodman

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
IP: minecraft.skial.com:25566 (You need the port or else it will connect to the vanilla minecraft server.)
DynMap: minecraft.skial.com:8321
Download Launcher Here: http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

Make sure you select to use the development version under options on the launcher. You also need a premium minecraft account to play.

Tekkit adds a lot of new content. While it may be alright for single player worlds or a private server with friends, some of these items or blocks can be very detrimental to a public server. As such some items have been banned for reasons like balance, destructibility, duping, causing server problems and the like. If you try to craft, use, pick up any of these items a plugin will prevent it and display a message. Circumventing this prevention is cause for a ban. This is a trial list that may be changed. Many items not listed here that are also banned are due to them requiring a banned item to use and was blocked to prevent wasting your materials.
  • TNT (and other explosive items)
  • Energy Collectors (MK2, MK3)
  • Red Matter Furnace
  • Nova Catalyst/Cataclysm
  • Energy Condenser
  • Red Power Control Blocks (Computers, Disk Drives, Monitors etc.)
  • Frames and Frame Motors
  • Fillers and Builders
  • Everything ComputerCraft including turtles
  • World Anchors, Dimensional Anchors, or anything that keeps chunks loaded. (Memory usage)
  • Nuclear Reactors
  • Force Fields
  • Tunnel Bores
  • Destruction Catalyst, Catalytic Lens, Gem Armor Set, Mercurial Eye
  • Tool Boxes
  • Terraformers
We've also installed a plugin to better prevent griefing. It's called Grief Prevention and a more detailed page can be found here. I recommend watching the videos to grasp a full understanding of how it works. PVP is also turned off.

The Basics:
Placing your first chest down will create an initial claim of 20 x 20 blocks around the chest. This area is completely your own and unable to be griefed. You can see the borders of your claim by right clicking a block with a stick. A corner can be extended by using a golden shovel. Players have a limited amount of claim blocks, but more can be earned just by playing. Provided you are not AFK you will earn 200 additional claim blocks an hour to extend your claim or create new claims. Note: Initial claims are deleted after one week of inactivity. Resize the claim to make it a "permanent" claim.​
More Advanced:
If you are trying to use a block that interacts with the world (Quarries, Blocks Breakers, etc.) inside a claim it will not work. You must grant that mod access trust to build/destroy in your claim. Type "/trust [Buildcraft]" or "/trust [Redpower]" or "/trust [Industrialcraft]" for whichever mod you are trying to use. The same can be done for players that you want to give access trust to (/trust dgoodman).​
Again tho I recommend watching the videos on the linked page to gain a full understanding.​
You are responsible for creating and building inside your claim.

Edit: Updated banned list, removed several items.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The Energy Condenser's a balance ban, right?
God damnit, I was relying on getting one of those.

dgoodman

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
What I use is a Dark Matter Relay to charge my klein star and then using it with a transmutation circle. Basically the same effect but prevents EMC farmers.