Bottiger

Administrator
Team Fortress 2_1_1200x500.jpg

For those of you who have been with us for many years, you may have remembered that Skial used to host many more varieties of servers and maps. Due to various actions by Valve such as the removal of all community servers from quickplay, we have had to shut down many of those servers as it became impossible to compete with official servers being at the top of the menu while community servers were all lumped together in the server browser at the bottom.

However during the past half year, official servers have been plagued with hacking bots. Even after Valve made an attempt to fix the issue a few weeks ago, there still seems to be strong demand for community casual servers, so we have decided to open 4 completely vanilla servers.
  • LA - 162.248.93.211:27018
  • US - 91.216.250.34:27015
  • NY - 74.91.116.200:27015
  • EU - 137.74.91.216:27016
You can join these servers by adding these ips to your favorites, or simply by typing !vanilla to connect to a random one in any of our servers.

These servers come with the following features:
  • 24 slots
  • Default respawn times.
  • Official maps only from the top game modes: cp, ctf, koth, and pl.
  • Crit and spread on by default. (can be voted off)
  • Alltalk on by default. (can be voted off)
  • All the other great improvements you'd expect on a Skial server such as custom anti-cheat and ddos protection. You will never see the cheat bots that plague official casual on our servers for very long.
Unlike the other servers being advertised on reddit as "vanilla", crit and spread are on by default because that is the way the game has been designed for a long time and would ruin the balancing on weapons with no critical hits like the cow mangler.

Last edited:

Gamer4605

Banned
Maybe consider adding a levelling system, thats the main reason I play casual, credit rewards for EXP milestones

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Very nice, I'm gonna assume you don't really want valve to fix the bot problem since Skial's getting a nice cut of the traffic that used to go to casual :P

Bottiger

Administrator
Very nice, I'm gonna assume you don't really want valve to fix the bot problem since Skial's getting a nice cut of the traffic that used to go to casual :P

The number of players we are getting into these new servers are a small fraction of the players in casual (96 slots vs 100,000 concurrent players), and even now it isn't filling all that well.

I am quite sure valve will eventually do the bare minimum to keep most players on casual eventually, which is why we only opened 4 servers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trillium

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The number of players we are getting into these new servers are a small fraction of the players in casual (96 slots vs 100,000 concurrent players), and even now it isn't filling all that well.

I am quite sure valve will eventually do the bare minimum to keep most players on casual eventually, which is why we only opened 4 servers.
Any new players is good :)

Reactions: Helius21