• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Xito

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hey, there's a couple of annoying things in the EU Trade server. The biggest one being: When you use the !bp command, it either doesn't work at all, or takes ages to load. This is so annoying, as it means I have to trade people first and than copy their url and than waste both of our time that way. Also, there's things like +sm_jetpack being avaiable to literally everyone, which means there's often 3/4 flying snipers/heavies which is pretty annoying. And also, there's often times cheaters online AND there's donators (I'm guessing) Flying around as heavies with black boxes. And also, there's no form of admin call function (for as far as the !help function tells me.) My last and final complaint is that there's rarely ever any admins online, and when they are, they're spawning monoculuses, making the server laggy, giving one team access to the other team's spawn, causing more lag or muting players for days on end for talking in voice chat. The admins are probably the most toxic players in the server, lol. Hopefully some of these things can be fixed over time.

TL;DR

+sm_jetpack sucks
cheaters suck
!bp sucks
admins suck
donators suck
life sucks

EDIT:
This isn't a hate thread against Skial or anything, they are just actual things that annoy me. I've been using this server for years now, to trade and there's no better alternative out there. (US is also good, but the complaints for that server deserve their own thread.) I'd love to see this server be better than it is, so I can keep using it. Thanks for giving the community a good trading server.

Last edited:

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The biggest one being: When you use the !bp command, it either doesn't work at all, or takes ages to load.
There was a Valve-related bug that Skial actually fixed recently which made it more reliable.
If it is slow then I would imagine it's your internet, it's always fine for me.

And also, there's often times cheaters online AND there's donators (I'm guessing) Flying around as heavies with black boxes.
If you want to report hackers - you're free to.
As for donators, it's a trade server - do you want balance?

My last and final complaint is that there's rarely ever any admins online, and when they are, they're spawning monoculuses, making the server laggy, giving one team access to the other team's spawn, causing more lag or muting players for days on end for talking in voice chat
Can you actually cite any cases of this?

Anyone can spawn bosses, or allow people into the spawn - not admin related.

The admins are probably the most toxic players in the server, lol.
Can you name the admins you think are toxic, along with why?

Xito

Scarcely Lethal Noob
There was a Valve-related bug that Skial actually fixed recently which made it more reliable.
If it is slow then I would imagine it's your internet, it's always fine for me.

If you want to report hackers - you're free to.
As for donators, it's a trade server - do you want balance?

Can you actually cite any cases of this?

Anyone can spawn bosses, or allow people into the spawn - not admin related.

Can you name the admins you think are toxic, along with why?

Wow, nice to see someone actually read the entire thing. (sounds sarcastic, it isn't)
It could be my internet, wouldn't surprise me. But this is still the case, even when I put my laptop on my router.

I get what you said about reporting hackers, but that still takes times. Would be better if there was any form of anti-cheat (Don't have any experience with making anti-cheats, so it might be harder to make than it seems.) Or their could be more admins online. (I understand that there's a lot of servers and not as many admins, but they can join a server when someone gets reported. When the anti-cheat picks something up. When someone spams, etc.)

Also, I do realise that anyone can spawn bosses (which in itself is annoying with the constant alert message and lag) but when admins come online, the amount of bosses spawned goes from 2/3 per day, to 5 per minute. It's really annoying and laggy.

I can't name any of the admins as I always just leave the server and go to another server. (and also since this doesn't happen often. Last time was probably a month ago. I can vaguely remember that an admin banned 3 players for 1 week for having a conversation in the voice chat.)
Moral of this story, can't remember their names and it doesn't happen often but is still annoying.

I can get that you couldn't change the admin's behaviour (especially if I can't name them) but stuff like adding anti-cheat, making !bp faster (it always also says "Loading.. Working around a valve bug" or whatever, which takes a minute to pass. )

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky, but these are things that I personally find annoying. (And I speak for everyone that doesn't use sm_jetpack when I say PLEASE REMOVE IT. Or atleast make it donator only. And also, donators shouldn't be able to become flying heavys with 500 hp and black boxes. Stuff like a bright tag, custom names, custom model, custom chat color, the able to color certain parts of chat messages like in tf2outpost. Bigger chat messages, slower spam reset thing. That type of stuff wouldn't hinder me as much and still give them their deserved perks.

EDIT: Anyone can let spies into the other spawn, but admins let 5 engineers into the spawn who place their sentrys and cause a dead body fest with even more lag.

EDIT 2: When people make a vote, it now gives the proper vote thing instead of the yellow text vote thing. (You know what I mean.) But now, the vote box stays there till I reconnect to the server, which is really annoying.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Would be better if there was any form of anti-cheat
We have a very good anti-cheat on all our servers.

making !bp faster (it always also says "Loading.. Working around a valve bug" or whatever, which takes a minute to pass. )
We've made it as fast as possible. When it says "Working around a Valve bug" that was because previously it only worked once-per-connect.

EDIT: Anyone can let spies into the other spawn, but admins let 5 engineers into the spawn who place their sentrys and cause a dead body fest with even more lag
Name and shame the admins, then.

Xito

Scarcely Lethal Noob
We have a very good anti-cheat on all our servers.

We've made it as fast as possible. When it says "Working around a Valve bug" that was because previously it only worked once-per-connect.

Name and shame the admins, then.

I've never seen the anti-cheat in action, even when there's an aimbotter in the server.

I guess it's just my internet in that case. Nothing to be done.

Next time an admin does it, I'll be sure to remember their name and make a proper report.

Thanks for the quick answers.

OldKing

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I may have been one of those heavies, its all in good fun! Sorry!