Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes but i meant on maps like Suijin where the dojo is usually used as a peaceful area anyway.They might as well make it more fun for people that want to screw around
That would defeat the purpose of a pub, we'd lose a lot of traffic if we had those. It's an extra step that would impact us negatively.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes but i meant on maps like Suijin where the dojo is usually used as a peaceful area anyway.They might as well make it more fun for people that want to screw around
Most people wan't to play Tf2, not friendly. If you really wanna have a heavy party get some friends and make your own server. Otherwise, trade or idle.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You're suggesting we have areas on servers in which people can freely break a rule?

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
No. You're expected to play the actual game when you're in a game server. This is a bad idea.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As someone already said, goofing around is exactly what the Trade and Idle servers are for. Friendlying on other maps like Suijin isn't helping your team and could result in getting banned. If it's that big of a deal, play on our servers that are dedicated to such a thing.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's already been explained here a bit but I'll elaborate further:

Friendlying (aka being 'peaceful'/refusing to attack the enemy team) is against the rules.

You can freely friendly on trade and idle, but if you do it outside of those servers you will be banned if caught. Friendlying may be fun for you, but for most others it ruins their fun seeing a dead weight teammate throwing sandviches to enemies, not helping his team, and taking up a slot from someone who actually wants to play on the server. This is why we ban for friendlying.

But you can friendly without consequences on trade and idle where you're not ruining everyone's game by doing so.

Skial isn't going to add areas to non trade/idle servers where people can go and friendly. That defeats the entire point of why we ban friendlies

Sil

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Bad idea. Play the game the way its meant to be played.

Also hate the word 'tryharding' used, becuase I guess trying to play well is frowned upon. Some people enjoy playing well.

Sil

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Guys, guys, let's +1 this. I need to get all the friendly faggots all in one place so I can ban them easier.

What a disgustingly stupid word to use.

Edit: I'd love to know why somebody disagrees with this.

Last edited:

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What a disgustingly stupid word to use.

Edit: I'd love to know why somebody disagrees with this.
dNVvntX.gif

Reactions: Adora

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I mean, since its obvious Skial doesn't want this feature, you could always try finding a friendly server, they're quite popular actually and pretty well known. They're surprisingly fun although literally no killing happens.