DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's been a while and nostalgia's kicked in.

Been wondering if many people still lurk these forums and if there would be enough people to want to remake the Skial Secret Santa. Last time I hosted I was really busy and had to back out (Faron/Ti mvp).

If not enough people join then I won't bother. But as long as a relatively solid amount are willing to do it, I don't see why not. I'll update this post if enough people are interested/details are set.
The format would be.
Apply -> get told who you are gifting for -> Submit me/trusted MM -> Receive gift from me/trusted MM.
It can be done via trades/trade offers.
There would be a excel doc specifying everyone interested and where along the gift process we are at.

Basically comment if you are interested,have any questions or think it's stupid.

If you are interested please post a range of the value of the gifts should be (you can go over but it's just assure atleast X results).

Reactions: Toxik

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
To be honest, I got no idea the value of tf2 related stuff anymore so you would have to suggest a value range and I would use backpack.tf as a benchmark of how much an item costs.

edit: the restrictions would be dependant on the price range. Lower the minimun = lower the item cap.

An official thread would be made with all the rules/restrictions and instructions if we have enough interest and a consensus on what range of what gifts you wish to give/receive.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
To be honest, I got no idea the value of tf2 related stuff anymore so you would have to suggest a value range and I would use backpack.tf as a benchmark of how much an item costs.

edit: the restrictions would be dependant on the price range. Lower the minimun = lower the item cap.

An official thread would be made with all the rules/restrictions and instructions if we have enough interest and a consensus on what range of what gifts you wish to give/receive.

There's been a lot of new qualities added etc.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I was talking more along the line on what qualify to join in or not. We can always go to 5 or 10 USD minimum for gift range.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Tbh anyone can join who had an acc before today, the way I always did it meant that if someone flakes or doesnt submit, I can easily rectify it.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Does it have to be TF2 stuff? Last year I really enjoyed spending money on games for my random recipient.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Damn it. I was gonna make this thread and throw a skial christmas party on the surf server, and the items would be gifted and opened there. (At least the TF2 ones.)

Like ... Skial Christmas. :)

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The gift can honestly be anything steam based. If it can be traded through steam, its fair game assuming its a game/content from a game they own/play. I don't think giving someone DotA 2 items when they have 6 hours clocked is acceptable, but giving it to someone who plays the game a lot, is more than fine. There is nothing stopping you from going over the limit if you feel especially cheery, just note that the range is what you should expect to at least give some benchmark.

The group doesn't have to be that big. To be honest if more than 6 people say they would be interested I'll start posting more details.

I still need a reference for how much you guys are willing to spend and if you want the reference to be irl currency (USD) or convert it to tf2 key value(or refined but looks liek its like 40 ref for a key rofl)