Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We've finally got the ball rolling with SteamRep, and now we've got our own tags to add to scammers.

Currently, there's only a very small handful of scammers with this tag. The process of tagging somebody on SteamRep is currently rather convoluted, so all of our existing scammers who already have tags from other trading sites (Reddit/SOP/SR/etc) are currently not getting Skial tags. Reason being is that they're already tagged and they're reported in our scammer list, so I'm not going to waste anybody's time getting them tagged an extra time. This may change in the future, however.

An example of somebody currently with a Skial tag is this gentleman, who made a piss-poor attempt at a PayPal scam.

So, just a heads-up. Any future scammer reports from this point forward will also likely end up with Skial tags now that we've got this set up. It won't be instant, but as soon as we get 'em reported in the scammer list, they'll end up with a Skial tag soon enough.

Currently, only myself, Faron8, and Bottiger have access to tag scammers on SteamRep (that I'm aware of, at least). Be sure to continuing filing scammer reports as they happen to you, and refer to the OP in the scammer list thread for tips on gathering sufficient evidence.

Also, since we're currently playing by SteamRep's rules for reporting scammers, we're going to go ahead and use their format, just for the sake of making things easier. Check out this helpful post by Mattie! on SteamRep for some in-depth guides on how to gather evidence and file a report. Be sure to file all scammer reports in either the Reports section, or directly to the Scammer List thread.