• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Does Skial have a mapper yet? I saw Bottiger's sticky about not having a mapper, but i saw another user comment something about Skial possibly having one now.

If so, how does one request a map change to the mapper? Not fixes, complete changes such as the Skial NY and Skial US facelifts.

If not, how can i help to find a mapper?

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Does Skial have a mapper yet? I saw Bottiger's sticky about not having a mapper, but i saw another user comment something about Skial possibly having one now.

If so, how does one request a map change to the mapper? Not fixes, complete changes such as the Skial NY and Skial US facelifts.

If not, how can i help to find a mapper?
There are some regs here that can map (like me)
If you have a map suggestion you can make a post about it and a mapping regular might volunteer to do the changes.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
There are some regs here that can map (like me)
If you have a map suggestion you can make a post about it and a mapping regular might volunteer to do the changes.
what if i don't have a map design in mind, but i would like to just have a nice fresh new map? It's not just a personal feeling, several Skial NY players agree that a new map would be a great breath of fresh air since most people use it as a hang-out rather than trade. Not sure how to handle that if i don't have an exact design in mind.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
what if i don't have a map design in mind, but i would like to just have a nice fresh new map? It's not just a personal feeling, several Skial NY players agree that a new map would be a great breath of fresh air since most people use it as a hang-out rather than trade. Not sure how to handle that if i don't have an exact design in mind.
You gotta look for ready-made maps on websites like gamebanana.com, and post a suggestion thread to change it.
If you can get enough supporters from that server bottiger will take it into consideration.

If you have a map design idea, you gotta look for a volunteer mapper who will make the map.

Though the first option is way more likely.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
That could work.
or any map, not necessarily from that site.
for instance, this is one that caught my eye. Is there a way to actually run around the maps made before choosing one to suggest? or can they not be explored until a mapper makes them? and do i just paste the link like i did in the suggestion forum, or do i have to apply specs?

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
You download the map, put it in your tf/download/maps folder, start up TF2 with -console and type into the console "map (mapname)" which will load the map locally for you. You can then check it out by yourself, use sv_cheats 1 and noclip to fly around and inspect it properly. You think it's a great trading map, suggest it. If you think something needs to be fixed prior to adding it, I'm sure someone, probably TapTap can fix it.
Also, get some support by the Trade NY regulars, but I think you should not have a problem with that.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
You download the map, put it in your tf/download/maps folder, start up TF2 with -console and type into the console "map (mapname)" which will load the map locally for you. You can then check it out by yourself, use sv_cheats 1 and noclip to fly around and inspect it properly. You think it's a great trading map, suggest it. If you think something needs to be fixed prior to adding it, I'm sure someone, probably TapTap can fix it.
Also, get some support by the Trade NY regulars, but I think you should not have a problem with that.
i am currently typing out a suggestion, asking for it to be left open to direct players to in order to provide proof of support. I am also looking to link 3 or 4 maps to have the directed players vote on one. Would this be good?