asf43e

Unremarkable User
why would you get rid of a server that was filled everyday for years for some freak fortress shit, that is some mod for 12 year olds, that's never had more than 5 players? it makes no sense. it's obvious that the lack of players was due to the event, but that's over. every casual match i play where it goes to harvest is always voted for harvest again after. bring back the server my man...

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I thought there was a thread on this awhile back, I can't seem to find it. Unless this was for a different harvest server

But Bottiger linked a graph showing that well after the Halloween event the server was only dying out, even after the original map was brought back so he had to get rid of it

Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper

Bottiger

Administrator
Isn't Skial Harvest US dying as well? I hardly see any players on

It is probably time to remove some more servers, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But as you can see, Harvest was not doing too well.

why would you get rid of a server that was filled everyday for years for some freak fortress shit, that is some mod for 12 year olds, that's never had more than 5 players? it makes no sense. it's obvious that the lack of players was due to the event, but that's over. every casual match i play where it goes to harvest is always voted for harvest again after. bring back the server my man...

The fact that you took this long to complain about it when it has been gone for 4 months means that the players didn't care enough about it to keep it alive. Just because official servers are able to get people to play it doesn't mean anything. Valve has diverted too many players from community servers so only the most popular maps are able to survive.

Really the only thing you can do to stop this from happening is to complain to Valve. They have told us to give them proof that what we want is what the "players" want, otherwise they will just continue making community killing changes. Telling us to keep dead servers around won't make them magically fill up.

Last edited:

asf43e

Unremarkable User
then why you change it to something that is always constantly dead? and a 32 man server too which i expect is expensive. you just changed the server from something that had the potential to be full all the time, at the very least have like 10 players playing all the time (more than this freak crap ever got) to something with like 3. how does that make sense