Status
Not open for further replies.

420smoker

Unremarkable User
None of your points are valid except the donations which I can understand them not giving a dime back but it doesn't hurt to ask. Their revenue is good enough or they wont have all these servers and all these donators. Its greed plain and simple any one can see that. "Face it, dustbowl is far more popular the goldrush" LOL not true there both full all the time. You're not giving me any explanation to why the dustbowl server didnt change so i'm guessing your no admin so please move along. I wasn't giving advice to him just telling him what I and others see in the server. Its funny as **** your judging me base on my name, sure shows how mature you are.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
None of your points are valid except the donations which I can understand them not giving a dime back but it doesn't hurt to ask. Their revenue is good enough or they wont have all these servers and all these donators. Its greed plain and simple any one can see that. "Face it, dustbowl is far more popular the goldrush" LOL not true there both full all the time. You're not giving me any explanation to why the dustbowl server didnt change so i'm guessing your no admin so please move along. I wasn't giving advice to him just telling him what I and others see in the server. Its funny as **** your judging me base on my name, sure shows how mature you are.

Yes, because you have seen Skial's books.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
..and I'll end this here. What needs to have been said has been said. The situation won't change unless Valve changes its course, so there's no sense blaming anyone, but them.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Don't name yourself 420smoker and expect people to take you seriously. Also, as an ADMIN I can't give you specifics on monetary things, but I can 100% tell you it's not "good enough" otherwise we would carry on business as usual. That's all I'll say otherwise I'm sure Bottiger will ring my neck. The max players on certain servers are still in flux is all I can tell you now as well.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It still would have been good to have some sort of message displayed in the servers to inform regulars of the change and what they can do about it instead of waiting for them to complain to us. Now they just think we are doing it for no reason and blaming Skial.

e2333abd7eb25e033d8d7ebbdffb4e00.png

d331059a84c8d35824ad2d04a22e7238.png

Still not too late to display a message in the 32 player servers to let people know how to contact Valve and that it is their fault not the server owners.

Bottiger

Administrator
The situation is too long to explain in chat. Haven't you guys already seen how many people ignore chat and you expect a paragraph detailing the problem would do any better?

We already explained to 420smoker the problem and he is still blaming us.

If these people aren't going to go out of their way to complain to Valve, they are going to find out other 32 slot servers dying out soon enough.

I believe I've already done my part in telling them what they can do about it, and if they keep ignoring me there's nothing else to do.

Reactions: Saturn

shellshock777 [Team Win]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Ok I don't understand the whole Valve penalizing 32 slot servers. I play on skial LA server regularly. It was always full, games were competitive and fun, especially when playing with your friends and skial LA community. Changing the server to 24 slot is a huge disservice in my opinion and in many other skial players. I think the community is outraged, and for the most part, I kept thinking it would be changed back to 32 slot. But that seems unlikely. Skial should pay more attention to the tf2 players who play on its servers and take into consideration our thoughts and opinions. There are various other servers I can play on. I guess its time to move on...

Bottiger

Administrator
But that seems unlikely. Skial should pay more attention to the tf2 players who play on its servers and take into consideration our thoughts and opinions. There are various other servers I can play on. I guess its time to move on...

Go find your other west coast 32 slot goldrush server. Oh wait, there isn't any left because of Valve. Please take the time to read what I told you guys to do.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Wow, the amount of people who can't read is crazy... I want to contribute but I feel like it'd be rather pointless to try and explain alongside Bott since everyone seems to just skip over everything he says...

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
TL DR
With a change of policy Valve now favors 24 slot server over 32 slot for quick-play. To ensure the server is not blacklisted from quick-play it was lowered from 32 to 24.

Rant:
Sheesh for crying out loud don't penalize a community for something that's actually out of their hands. Valve made the decision to blacklist 32 server from quick-play, there not much you can do to change that except file a complaint.

What Bottiger and the rest are doing are trying to ensure the survival of the server rather than having change it to something else or removing it completely due inactivity. IMO goldrush does not hold a candle to 2fort or dustbowl for the insurance that there will always be player playing there.

Reminds me of NY mountainlab didn't it go from mountainlab to frontier then to dustbowl or something like that. Not from the fact that it was removed from quick-play but rather less players begin to play there and from my understanding of server hosting means a waste of money to keep that server open.

420smoker

Unremarkable User
Bottiger as the owner i'm guessing can you please tell me why the 24/7 dustbowl | LA server has 32 slots still. That's all I really want to know.

Bottiger

Administrator
Bottiger as the owner i'm guessing can you please tell me why the 24/7 dustbowl | LA server has 32 slots still. That's all I really want to know.

I already explained this, and if you guys would have bothered to read what I said then you wouldn't be asking. Point is that every server is examined on a case by case basis. Goldrush was empty all afternoon and Dustbowl was not.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
I already explained this, and if you guys would have bothered to read what I said then you wouldn't be asking. Point is that every server is examined on a case by case basis. Goldrush was empty all afternoon and Dustbowl was not.
There is quite literally an explanation on every page. Are you even in this thread?

420smoker

Unremarkable User
Yes I read the whole thread twice and understand whats going on but lying is not the way bottiger, we all know both servers get full all the time. Just happens you like to play on dustbowl and not goldrush totally understandable what you did. There's no need to continue on this subject anymore me and the regulars got all the information we need, thank you for your time.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
There should be a bulletin on the homepage... of course a lot of people will still be too dumb to read that but maybe it will help.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Yes I read the whole thread twice and understand whats going on but lying is not the way bottiger, we all know both servers get full all the time. Just happens you like to play on dustbowl and not goldrush totally understandable what you did. There's no need to continue on this subject anymore me and the regulars got all the information we need, thank you for your time.

Go find your other west coast 32 slot goldrush server. Oh wait, there isn't any left because of Valve. Please take the time to read what I told you guys to do.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bottiger barely plays tf2 and when he does I usually just see him join any random skial server

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How the hell is this not locked yet? It's obvious the people who want the server back to thirty two can't read, and won't take the time to read anything anyone has posted in this thread.

This is not Skial's fault, it's VALVE. If you want it back to 32 players, spend less time bitching to us, and more time bitching to valve. WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How the hell is this not locked yet? It's obvious the people who want the server back to thirty two can't read, and won't take the time to read anything anyone has posted in this thread.

This is not Skial's fault, it's VALVE. If you want it back to 32 players, spend less time bitching to us, and more time bitching to valve. WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
I locked it before, but I think Bottiger unlocked it after he replied. I'll lock it again now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.