Status
Not open for further replies.

IamTHEBOOKIE

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
50.115.32.35 goldrush | LA server used to be 32 ports but now is only allowing 24 connections.

IamTHEBOOKIE

Contributor
Well I'm kind of disappointed of this resolution.... I've donated about 30-40 dollars to the server and it switched to 24 spots without any notice and the comments I'm getting in this thread are sort of demeaning.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Well I'm kind of disappointed of this resolution.... I've donated about 30-40 dollars to the server and it switched to 24 spots without any notice and the comments I'm getting in this thread are sort of demeaning.
You're implying it's Skial's fault. Valve is the one punishing servers for being 32 slot.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How is it demeaning? Why would you do the report as well as post on the forum? Bottiger gave you an explanation. TF2 was built for 24 servers so Valve caters to servers who only do 24 and not 32. 32 player servers aren't sent as much traffic as 24 player servers, so we have to do this to keep servers populated.

IamTHEBOOKIE

Contributor
You're implying it's Skial's fault. Valve is the one punishing servers for being 32 slot.

I'm not blaming skial, this server was 32 spots for a long time, always filled up to the 32 slots. Yesterday it's showing 24 spots and I'm really not getting any explanation why in this thread. I don't understand what you mean by the server was being hurt by valve, the server was always full.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not blaming skial, this server was 32 spots for a long time, always filled up to the 32 slots. Yesterday it's showing 24 spots and I'm really not getting any explanation why in this thread. I don't understand what you mean by the server was being hurt by valve, the server was always full.
I don't know how to make it clearer? Valve sends us traffic through the quickplay feature. 24 player servers get the traffic first, so we switched servers to it. Maybe it's full when you're on, but the goal is to keep the server populated 24/7 as much as possible.

IamTHEBOOKIE

Contributor
I don't know how to make it clearer? Valve sends us traffic through the quickplay feature. 24 player servers get the traffic first, so we switched servers to it.

I'm not understanding the switch though if it's already always populated?

IamTHEBOOKIE

Contributor
Like I said, maybe when you get on, but the reality is not the case.

Not sure about that, I'm in the server A LOT. This server stays fully populated to 32 slots all day and into early early morning. A lot of regulars that get into this server.... Like I said, I donated money to even get into the server when it's full.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
show_graph.php

Status
Not open for further replies.