Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
why are plat players playing in steel?
EU steel teams agree entirely, and UGC have been lobbied to try and get the issue sorted, moving them to silver would have been a practical solution. The problem is that the plat players were recruited to teh team after the season started, so ugc says "its all above board", they even had a prem sniper at one point.. the biggest risk to us is their demo Huhy, an etf2l prem player long standing in teh comp scene, he is teh guy that reportedly lost a lan competition a couple of years ago and was so pissed about it he stole the trophy..lel.
mid week their leader asked me "can we use a merc on monday, our medic cant make it" I was just thinking, no go fuck yourself, play with 8, and just told him to use one of the other 17 from their roster.
I am all for a team who gets their shit together and wipes everyone they meet, bigup to em. but using so many higher level players ina lower level comp, to me, borders on cheating.
All I can say is, we are going to play our hearts out, I want that 1st place medal.
Oh and if we do make the final, I will try and get it played on the skial comp server, hopefuly sir bott can set it up with stv for the day, so it can be watched with teh skial logo, so as to promote skial servers amongst the comp scene further.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
All I can say is, we are going to play our hearts out, I want that 1st place medal.
I played against them a couple of times, the last time before their Gravelpit match in UGC and they are nowhere near unbeatable for 1RW. Yeah, huhy is good, but missing PrOmas is a much bigger issue for them if they would miss huhy. Not many medics are out there I'd admit that better than me, but he is close : )

You just need to fix some of the problems you had against us yesterday and you have a good chance of getting in the finals. I have the stv demos from our game if you want them, or maybe I can upload something on youtube if you like.

Alcide

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
you guys can still get third place, it's not the best place, but it's still a medal. And for a 1st real season of competitive that would be already great

Pat

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well fuck the plat level players who feel the need to beat lower level players thats just a dick move IMO... pick on someone your own size

(-TG-)SvenPhantom

Server-Clearing Cynic
Reminds me of MAXlander, they had 5 invite level and they put themselves into silver(they were moved into platinum after first game) Real dick move.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The biggest problem we had was me, I could not communicate with the team as mumble went to pieces the same as last week. I had to drop myself from the game, and we got our sub med to play.
The whole loss was my fault, being team leader for ugc, medic, and main caller, I feel so disheartened now... if only fucking mumble worked for me, if only................
Anyways, It has been a really good season, we have made many friends, shared some exciting times, learned how to stand tall in our league, and got our team name out there. I have enjoyed every minute of teh league and thats what matters the most. We still have monday to play for the third place medal, which is preferable to the participants medal, so a consolation prize is up for grabs between us and gfm (gfm are pretty much the Italian national team - 11/16 players)
Good luck to both csm and lascari in the finals, I will be rooting for CSM, but I think lascari will finish the season undefeated, they are just to strong for steel.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I kinda disagree, first of all I don't think it's really cheating, every team has the chance to sign anyone they like, if they are friends with better players and can convince them to basically waste their season and play in a lower league which offers no challenge they are welcome to it. No offense, but winning anything but platinum does not mean that you are the best of anything, it just means that the line between the two divisions were drawn just right above you.

Even with that being said, I still don't think that Lascari were too good for steel, yes, they were the best, but someone has to be the best team. Yes, huhy is a really good demo, but it isn't like he was coming from nowhere just to win this season, after Lascari will fold (some people have problems with the current leader) he and PrOmas and some others (whoever is the best Lithuanian Spy is, don't remember) will still play together too. And if we are talking about individuals I don't think that Epardeds is any worse at sniper than huhy at demo (just told our soldier today to pick him up for the Turkish national team, I'm sure he would be an asset there too), shame he didn't play.

It's sad, because after this great run 1RW deserved to fight it out with the favourites in 9v9 without all the connection problems regarding the medic and the spy, it's really hard to take to go out like this. I really hope they can get themselves together for the 3rd place match and sort the issues they had and win against GFM. As for the finals I don't think CSM has anywhere close as much chance beating Lascari as 1RW did, I think there were 2 standout teams this season and they are just not the same standard.

UGC starts again in mid-January, signups open in December, lets build on this and go a little better in Silver!

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, no I gotta say that there is a reason for divisions, which is to seperate skill levels to give teams an equal footing and gg's when they play.
eXtincts got moved down to steel by UGC after loosing their first 2 matches because they werent deemed good enough for that level, they werent told, your just going to have to be at the bottom of silver.
This is not a case of a team starting at this level, it is a case of the likes of huhy clanhopping his way to a win, someone who craves a winners medal that much he would stoop to stealing one when he lost a lan.
As in the case of epardeds, he was recruited without any seasons experience, being a natural player, and he is being headhunted and moving up the leagues, (he actualy started playing with teh turkish national team a few weeks ago) whereas others from lascari are actualy moving down for an easy ride.. when i say cheating, i said borderline cheating, its like hustling, not actualy breaking any rules but manipulating the game to an extent where a win is easy.
I dont want to sound like sour grapes, cause thats not how i feel at all, I feel proud that our first proper season took us to the semi finals, in the top 4 out of ~75 starting teams.
I really do hope csm win on monday, just for the fact that I am friends with quite a few of them, but in all honesty I cant see it happening.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
4th place out of 66 teams, very well done, deserves all the credit.

1512.jpg