Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
This is an idea for a new mini game to be added to jailbreak. For those of you who don't know what it is, there are two teams: sharks and the minoes. At a certain time, the minoes have to try to get to the other side. If they make it to the other side without being tagged, then they are safe. If they are tagged, then they die. In the case of jailbreak, the best way to do this would be to have all of the prisoners on one side of the pool. When the warden says so, the prisoners would have to swim to the other side of the pool, without getting hit by a guard, ideally with the neon anihilator, and if they hug the other side, then they are safe and can't be hit.

In order to implement this, my idea would be to add a sign on the maps by pool that explains the game, and perhaps a timer that can be activated by the warden so he doesn't have to constantly tell the prisoners when to swim across. So far, I have tried this on jailbreak and have only gotten positive feedback every time doing it. I am not a mapper, so I don't know what options there are to implement crits for the guards' melee in the pool, in case we would want to implement this so it isn't necessary for a guard to have the neon anihhilator. Tell me what you think!

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
I did say might as I haven't been on jb in a few days and haven't been to pool often. IIRC From what I remember of it if the server gets full with 10 gaurds they might be able to block off the entire width. I don't remember.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I did say might as I haven't been on jb in a few days and haven't been to pool often. IIRC From what I remember of it if the server gets full with 10 gaurds they might be able to block off the entire width. I don't remember.

That's a good idea! Maybe something could be implemented like the blockers they have at theater

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
That's a good idea! Maybe something could be implemented like the blockers they have at theater
Well I was saying this because 20v8 with then 8 gaurds all in the water they could body block the width and ten everyone would die. Potentially. What is te largest group you did this with

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'd say that we don't need to implement any kind of crits in the pool.
I'm not sure that a sign describing the game would be a good idea*

What we could do, is add a rule that says if you're playing this game - you must use melee.
Using a gun would be a slayable offence/bannable if you were to kill multiple Prisoners?

*I've previously discussed the idea of having a page on the forum that describes Jailbreak games,
So that new players could read about how to play the games before they join/begin playing.
Whenever a game is mentioned in the Jailbreak Rules, we would link to that page.
...do you think that this would be a good idea?

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I'd say that we don't need to implement any kind of crits in the pool.
I'm not sure that a sign describing the game would be a good idea*

What we could do, is add a rule that says if you're playing this game - you must use melee.
Using a gun would be a slayable offence/bannable if you were to kill multiple Prisoners?

*I've previously discussed the idea of having a page on the forum that describes Jailbreak games,
So that new players could read about how to play the games before they join/begin playing.
Whenever a game is mentioned in the Jailbreak Rules, we would link to that page.
...do you think that this would be a good idea?

Yes, this would be a great idea. Even I still don't understand maze, and I only have about 350 hours on jailbreak.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yes, this would be a great idea. Even I still don't understand maze, and I only have about 350 hours on jailbreak.

In the next version of Minecart that is currently in the works, I believe a change we're making will improve that.
@Pedro the fabulous is going to murder me eventually for making all of these promises, though.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
In the next version of Minecart that is currently in the works, I believe a change we're making will improve that.
@Pedro the fabulous is going to murder me eventually for making all of these promises, though.

The thing about sharks and minoes, it is not an "official" game, it is something a few of us try to implement occasionally as warden, which I wanted to clarify in this suggestion.