Thicc

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Rn its weekly and the ENTIRE server hates it, should be changed back to monthly, or at least a bi-weekly, but most preferred monthly. Just like, please, no one is liking it.

Reactions: mitch um

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I'll tag @Bottiger but I am sure he will see this anyway.

-1 from me but I will mention the caveat that it's been a few weeks since I was on Skial's Rust server.

The reason why is that bi-weekly or monthly server wipes are not succesful. You have a population that is booming for a few days after a wipe but after the weekend, players give up likely due to being raided or returning back to real life.

Looking at Battlemetrics, with the current weekly wipe, the server is dead about 4-5 days after a wipe. Dead to me is a population in the 20s or less. Bi-weekly or monthly wipe servers suffer the same issue.

The sad fact is that Rust in its current state promotes server hopping. A player will start on a server, get raided and move to a different server. It's why some servers offer Monday wipes so that after the weekend when the server you were playing in dies down, you can join another full server.

Edit: I will ask you, what do you hate about the current wipe cycle?

Thicc

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'll tag @Bottiger but I am sure he will see this anyway.

-1 from me but I will mention the caveat that it's been a few weeks since I was on Skial's Rust server.

The reason why is that bi-weekly or monthly server wipes are not succesful. You have a population that is booming for a few days after a wipe but after the weekend, players give up likely due to being raided or returning back to real life.

Looking at Battlemetrics, with the current weekly wipe, the server is dead about 4-5 days after a wipe. Dead to me is a population in the 20s or less. Bi-weekly or monthly wipe servers suffer the same issue.

The sad fact is that Rust in its current state promotes server hopping. A player will start on a server, get raided and move to a different server. It's why some servers offer Monday wipes so that after the weekend when the server you were playing in dies down, you can join another full server.

Edit: I will ask you, what do you hate about the current wipe cycle?

See its not the weekly wipe i hate, its the weekly bp wipe i hate. I personally hate it because it just makes the server a pvp server because now you only get bp from the wipe your currently playing. Lots of others in the server also dont like it which will probably also cause lots of serving hopping, which is pretty ironic because one of the reasons for making it a weekly bp wipe is to kill the server hopping issue.

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
The flipside is that players looking for a new server to play on will likely avoid one that hasn't had the blueprints wiped as well.

Think about it. If you were looking for a brand new server to play on, would you want to start on one where the blueprints were wiped 2-4 weeks ago? The issue with that is that while other teams might have the blueprints for weapons and simply need the components, new players will start from scratch and I can tell you from experience that its a crappy place because while you are struggling to get a workbench and low tier weapons, you have teams that are already running around with SARs and AKs.

Bottiger

Administrator
We're going to try weekly for now.

People just leave when they get raided and they don't come back until the next BP wipe.