Jswars

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I believe there should be one.

Admins have a life, can't review reports 24/7, and meanwhile aimbotters are still ingame ruining it for other players (including new players to Skial).

The voteban doesn't succeed all the time, so we can only rely on admins.

Often i see a legit player pocket healing the aimbotter, making it harder to kill him (while waiting for the ban to happen).

Those players should be punished as well, lighter offense i agree but they shouldn't make it harder to everyone else.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

We should be banning as few people as possible.
Plus sometimes people aren't aware someone is hacking.
This isn't a serious enough offence in my mind.

Jswars

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I get your point, and i agree about banning as few as possible.

But there are some cases like today where the hacker was playing for about 45min, and it was obvious that he was hacking, even the player pocket healing him knew it, and yet he kept healing him.

Of course this would have to be reviewed and maybe the offense can be light.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I get your point, and i agree about banning as few as possible.

But there are some cases like today where the hacker was playing for about 45min, and it was obvious that he was hacking, even the player pocket healing him knew it, and yet he kept healing him.

Of course this would have to be reviewed and maybe the offense can be light.

If we view things as "someone broke a rule, someone was punished", then you see this:
  • Someone was <hacking> => Someone was <banned>
  • Someone was <friendlying> => Someone was <banned>
We try solving problems with the lowest possible solution, ie - if someone is being racist.
We wouldn't ban them, as silencing them would solve the problem. Therefore:
  • Someone was <hacking> => Someone was <banned>
  • Someone was <healing a hacker> => Hacker was already banned
Once the hacker has been dealt with, that's the problem resolved in our minds.
Yes, it's unfortunate that the medics sometimes aid them... but even without the medic, they're still a problem.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
This is something we already do and have always done. I have always considered people that are purposely pocketing a hacker to be a part of it.