• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

starryeyes

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
hiya *o*

I have been experiencing some major lag the last week or so usually starting around 6:30 pm and lasting until around 9:30 .... pretty consistently .. looking from some help *v*

Contacted ISP twice and they obviously blame the server ...

Here is some info from WinMTR ... the top one is from around 8:00 pm with latency issues and the second one is from 9:30pm when the issue goes away ... going to call them tmw again and threaten to switch or something and maybe get new router or something but figured would check here too ... any help would be appreciated ... thanks. *w* *worst says 100 on second pic but any check on WinMTR now is in the 50s*

BVRywfq.png

Bottiger

Administrator
Hello thank you for actually using winmtr, its the only way we can tell what the problem is.

Shaw uses GTT as one of their internet providers and it probably gets clogged at the time you experience lag. They could have solved this issue by connecting to our host directly in Toronto, upgrading their links with GTT, or using another provider.

The route completely changed today when you took the 2nd screenshot because I enabled peering on internet exchanges to try to make our network even faster, so the routing switched off GTT. However there are a lot of networks that are improperly configured which will cause higher ping unless we fix them manually 1 by 1. I don't know if we will continue doing this as there might turn out to be too many networks to manually fix for this to be worth it.

If you still have problems you can consider getting a vpn in Chicago.

Do you mind posting another mtr?

starryeyes

Contributor
Swy we are at stinky work *_*

will do when we get home and another around time issues start up

thx

starryeyes

Contributor
works sucks :o

here is the winmtr at 4:50pm cst -- will do another at around 7 *-*