KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
or something.

it says the max players are four. idk. i been finding myself playing on other servers

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i have never experienced that on any other server. unless he has it set up to where our server does that

Bottiger

Administrator
He is using a plugin that sets the max players to the lowest number possible without making the server completely full.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i don't think i understand the point of this. so he has this plugin set up so he can transfer people to almost full servers?

why?

Bottiger

Administrator
Well his idea is that a server with 0/4 players is closer to being full than 0/64. So the BF3 quickplay will send players to the server first.

I have no idea if it actually works.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well his idea is that a server with 0/4 players is closer to being full than 0/64. So the BF3 quickplay will send players to the server first.

I have no idea if it actually works.

My understanding is that the quick-match system is done using percentages. 1/64 = 1.5% 1/4 = 25%, that's why it adaptively changes. The other reason is because of the search filters, a lot of people search for servers using the 1-5 spaces available filter. When the server has a low player count, it will always meet this criteria. Since it's setup to keep keep the server size within the margins for this filter. While some people that would manually join the server might be scared off by the low max player space, I think it's worth the benefit of actually being able to seed the server. The low player count seems to actually attract manual joiners.

The server requires seeding to get full, if no one seeds it, it probably won't fill up. So conversely, you not playing on the server because it's empty, is causing it to continue to be empty.

Didn't see the post btw, sorry it took me so long.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is the server still always empty? Might get BF3 someday and playing on Skial servers would be nice.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I didn't renew the server when the payment was due for next month, so we don't have one anymore :/

-Bottiger knows btw, roman and brick. :p

D

DeadHerald

Maybe the problem is that none of the regulars are playing this game, so why bother even hosting a server for it?

We'd be better off switching to CS:S or something like that.