Jiggly❤

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Personally, i think this season won't be as great. MLPFiM has been great for the past two Seasons but i think this one won't be as good. Not to mention this season has 13 episodes and normally, a show with episodes ordered and on the way would have at least 24.

From what I've read and heard, it's just a big pile of fanservice for the bronies (No offense to those who are excited). Trixie is coming back and i can't stand her with a passion and Octavia and Vinyl Scratch (DJP0N3) is gonna be in a episode or singing together(?) in it. I am interested in seeing those two but after the Derpy shitstorm, i hoped to not see Studio B cater to the Bronies and just make episodes for the what the show was originally for but i don't think it's like that anymore.

But we'll wait and see how this turns out.

Edit: Oh hey, someone disagrees with my opinion! Butthurt much? :megusta:

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with you on S3 not being as good. S2 set the bar much higher than S1, so it's gonna be extremely hard to exceed, even match the kind of quality S2 had. And with Rob out of the picture, the pressure's really on for the FiM team to carry the show's success.

That being said, I'm very much looking forward to how the animation plays out. From the first two songs they let loose, they're adding more detail than the last season. I mean, did you see the way Twilight's hair flowed through the wind? That must've been a bitch to animate. Color me impressed. And with Cathy singing for Spike and giving a potential voice for Octavia, I would love to hear how far they can go with the voices and songs.

And in my honest opinion, nothing will ever beat the charm of Smile, Smile, Smile. :) I fucking love that song to death.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Yeah um I wonder if you thought that MLP could never live up to S1...or then Return of Harmony...or then Smile...and now the Canterlot Wedding?

"They set the bar too high" is a really shitty argument considering the track record of this show.

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yeah um I wonder if you thought that MLP could never live up to S1...or then Return of Harmony...or then Smile...and now the Canterlot Wedding?

"They set the bar too high" is a really shitty argument considering the track record of this show.
After Lauren left the show in Season 2 I was concerned about how the team would fare without her, seeing as most of the design choices came from her. And now Rob's leaving for this season, and he's left Meghan in charge of his post. The two most experienced players are gone, now it's up to the rest of the team to fill the gap. I know experience goes a long way, but I'm concerned at how they'll manage to pull off something extraordinary in 13 episodes.

I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to how it plays out, it's just I think it's gonna be extremely difficult to match season 2's quality after so much improvement over the first. Ever heard of the "Rule of Three"? Something good or bad can happen on the third go, and that can apply to a show's quality. For example, I always felt season 3 of Home Improvement was a dip in quality after season 2, it wasn't as memorable.

But you never know, they've managed to surprise people before, from getting this show off the ground to putting in changelings of all things. We'll just have to wait and see.