iTrade

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Player Name:
Maikel
ID:
Detailed Explanation / Screenshots / Demos:

Spycrab Scam

Unfortunately, the Steam user Maikel with the ID 76561198054213311 scammed me on Skial's Trade EU Server in the second of two spycrab gams.
He paid his debt of the first round before we commenced the with the second game. However, he also lost the second game but instead of paying he removed me from his friendliest, blocked me and then left the server without paying.

We did not use a middleman because I had been Steam friends with him for quite a while and he has always paid in the past but not this time.

In this .zip file, you'll find screenshots of the Steam conversation I had with Maikel as well as screenshots showing that he paid the strange ambassador that he had wagered in the first of the two spycrabs we played. Another screenshot shows that he blocked me on Steam.

If you need screenshots showing that I did spycrabs with him in the past, then I can attach additional screenshots of my inventory history.

Please note from the conversation that it was his idea to spycrab in the first place and to increase the stakes of the second round. As you can tell from the conversation, I had known Maikel for some weeks. In fact, we played MvM games together and also did regular trades in the past of which I can also attach screenshots, should they somehow be relevant to the scam.

Summary:
  1. What did I lose in the spycrab? 1 Taunt High Five
  2. When did the scam happen? Ca. 22:30 CET.
  3. Who scammed me? Maikel - SteamID: 76561198054213311
  4. On which server did it happen? Skial Trade EU

If you need more information or if I filed the report wrong then please do not hesitate to let me know!​

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
This report lacks actual evidence of the alleged contest and scam occurring. Both parties stating scores would be minimal evidence at best, but just your stating the score is not sufficient. When gambling, it is advisable to record a demo to prove a clear agreement on terms as well as the contest itself and its outcome. Evidence linking the user to a profile (such as a screenshot of the profile with the URL visible or one while highlighting the name in Trade History, showing the URL) is also required. In addition, evidence may not be edited in any way except to hide personal information. If you can provide these pieces of evidence in acceptable format, please upload them. If not, there's nothing to be done with this report.

iTrade

Thanks for taking a look at it. Unfortunately, if this not sufficient evidence then you can close the report because that's all I have. I still want to add a few comments though.

In my opinion, the conversation shows well, despite only me stating the score and the screenshots being slightly cropped (which your tips section does not clearly forbid from doing), that I did in indeed win the first round because paid he paid the strange ambassador. The time at which he pays the item concedes completely with the chat history and here I only stated the score as well so why is that problematic?
In the second game, at the score of 2:2, Maikel reacted to it by saying "uhhhh nervous". He never says me calling the score was wrong so why is that not enough? The conversations shows that he was fine with me stating the score because he never denied one call.

Anyways, for me losing, the taunt is not that big of a deal. My main reason for this report was to protect users who might not have many items to being with from potentially being scammed by him.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thanks for taking a look at it. Unfortunately, if this not sufficient evidence then you can close the report because that's all I have. I still want to add a few comments though.

In my opinion, the conversation shows well, despite only me stating the score and the screenshots being slightly cropped (which your tips section does not clearly forbid from doing), that I did in indeed win the first round because paid he paid the strange ambassador. The time at which he pays the item concedes completely with the chat history and here I only stated the score as well so why is that problematic?
In the second game, at the score of 2:2, Maikel reacted to it by saying "uhhhh nervous". He never says me calling the score was wrong so why is that not enough? The conversations shows that he was fine with me stating the score because he never denied one call.

Anyways, for me losing, the taunt is not that big of a deal. My main reason for this report was to protect users who might not have many items to being with from potentially being scammed by him.
Spy crab scams are harder reports to process because it is a lot more difficult to actually prove than someone that lost the spy crab. Proving that someone didn't pay you is easy, it's proving that you both agreed on it and one person clearly won. If we processed every report based solely on comments, there would be tons of innocent people with scammer tags.

iTrade

Thanks for explanation. In that case, this report can be closed from my side.