Scalper Bots Buying $500 Pictures of GPUs

Discussion in 'Technology' started by DaivdBaekr, Feb 12, 2021.

1. DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr Moderator Contributor

Steam:
    You love to see it

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/ebay-vigilantes-selling-rtx-3060-ti-pics

There’s also the reality that scamming scalpers still makes this photo listing venture potentially profitable for even the most well-intentioned vigilantes. While the photo listing sellers we spoke to told us that they’re returning money to buyers they’re reasonably convinced are “real people,” they also said they wouldn’t return money to buyers they think are scalpers.

“For the scalpers...fuck em,” Connomoodle0 told us.

“I have no problem scamming scalpers,” Bates told us. “I have 0 problems taking money from unethical people.”

[​IMG]

• Winning Winning x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Snitch Bitch

Snitch Bitch Positively Inhumane Poster Contributor

Steam:
    I remember seeing this on eBay with a friend, funny as hell, fuck all bots and scalpers, scum suckers

3. Seminal Inhalation

Seminal Inhalation Positively Inhumane Poster Contributor

Steam:
    Even worse with "limited" things becoming more and more commonplace. It leaves scalpers free to manipulate the market to their choosing with various other shit.
    I remember one dude bought a whole store's worth of PS5's and was bragging about it.

4. Meowcenary

Meowcenary Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:
    Can they potentially get sued over that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:
    If they do, they need to livestream that case.

6. DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr Moderator Contributor

Steam:
    mostly enabled by brick and mortars closing down

idk maybe. i don't see why they would. and even if you could i don't think you'd like to invite that negative attention on yourself as a scalper. better to take the L and move on

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice