๖ۣۜRumX

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Hello.
Let me get straight to it.
To my knowledge, you cannot ghost on Saxton Hale/ if you can, it isn't punishable (correct me if I'm wrong), and that made me wonder, why is there a vote for "ghosting", if that isn't an offence?
It would be beneficial to instead add a vote for "Votemenu abuse", in which case people that have abused the Votemenu would be punished while an admin isn't online.
Open for replies and your opinions.
Also, if it takes too much time to change the Votemenu or it's hard/pointless, I completely understand.
:)

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hello.
To my knowledge, you cannot ghost on Saxton Hale/ if you can, it isn't punishable (correct me if I'm wrong), and that made me wonder, why is there a vote for "ghosting", if that isn't an offence?
It would be beneficial to instead add a vote for "Votemenu abuse", in which case people that have abused the Votemenu would be punished while an admin isn't online.
Also, if it takes too much time to change the Votemenu or it's hard/pointless, I completely understand.
I am pretty sure the votemenu is the same for all servers, so ghosting is only there for Jailbreak. Regardless, +1 since it's difficult to punish people voteabusing in game without contacting an admin since it's hard to votemute voteabusers IMO.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You are allowed to ghost on hale servers.

Edit: I mean, just to clarify.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
wat

h8F3gyf.jpg

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hello.
The ghosting option is for Jailbreak. You can ghost on VSH, but not JB.

๖ۣۜRumX

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
bottiger pls
Is ghosting rule breaking or not, because then there would be more reports about it and this suggestion would be half useless.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I thought people complained about ghosting in vsh before.
the only people I remember complaining about ghosting on VSH are hoping for a stalemate, whether dead or hiding from Hale (I know ghosting can actually be a little unfair in Deathrun though)

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1 for the enforcement the ghosting rule on VSH servers. (If you are suggesting that) A good majority of the time ghosting is applied to one of these last three classes: Sniper who's camping up high and hopefully giving away his position by shooting/Engineer who's built his nest and huddled there for the whole round/Scout, who's just running around.
+1 to remove the votemute-for-ghosting on hale.

Maybe we haven't removed it because our plugin isn't capable?

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't see a need for this. If everyone thinks someone is stalling the game, that's what slay is for.

I can imagine situations where this is needed such as a low HP hale waiting to ambush someone.

Since we haven't received any complaints resulting from this, I will decline it for now.