• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

havermyer

Unremarkable User
For some reason, my sandvich doesn't seem to heal me when I eat my own as heavy. Does anybody know what I might need to do to fix it? It only seems to not work on Skial servers. TIA

havermyer

Unremarkable User
At least I'm not alone. I get the animation, the sandvich is consumed and the cool down restarts, but my heavy doesn't get any health. I keep checking my loadout, and I don't see any items that say that they negate eating food. It seems like I must be missing something. It's been 100% consistent for me on Skial servers, but not on any others. I see other heavies playing and their sandviches heal them, so it doesn't seem like it's a server-wide setting. Does anybody have any ideas?

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
At least I'm not alone. I get the animation, the sandvich is consumed and the cool down restarts, but my heavy doesn't get any health. I keep checking my loadout, and I don't see any items that say that they negate eating food. It seems like I must be missing something. It's been 100% consistent for me on Skial servers, but not on any others. I see other heavies playing and their sandviches heal them, so it doesn't seem like it's a server-wide setting. Does anybody have any ideas?
Must be probably bug or bottiger something did it.

• Dumb
Reactions: Metroidz

Funtendy211

Unremarkable User
I didn't notice anything else. Just no heal from the sandvich. I can still use it to heal other players though.

Bottiger

Administrator
I went on a server and ate a sandvich and it healed me. Are you sure you aren't using a mod that is causing this issue?

Last edited:

Funtendy211

Unremarkable User
Maybe? The only mod that works for me on the servers is a mod that changes the voice lines into the robot voice lines. Don't know how that can conflict with the sandvich.

Sud

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
This doesn't happen to me, however, I am able to cancel the healing from sandvich by switching weapons (it doesn't cancel the animation, but does stop the healing) which is something that doesn't happen on valve servers.

Do you have any kind of script, binding, joystick config, or other functionality that does a weapon switch? That might be the interaction.

Also, any installed mod can change almost anything outside its scope of intended effect. For example I make hitsound and voice changer packs that use scripting, but if I wanted to be an ass I could throw in a mouse sensitivity override which would confuse people who installed it.

havermyer

Unremarkable User
This put me on to something that got me closer. It seems that something is automatically switching me back to my Tomislav when I eat the sandvich, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot what it is. I'm using FlawHUD, so I'm not sure if that's doing something in the background. When I checked my keybinds, 'g' was still bound to '+taunt.' Any ideas where to check? TIA.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This put me on to something that got me closer. It seems that something is automatically switching me back to my Tomislav when I eat the sandvich, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot what it is. I'm using FlawHUD, so I'm not sure if that's doing something in the background. When I checked my keybinds, 'g' was still bound to '+taunt.' Any ideas where to check? TIA.
Try unbinding then rebinding G.

Reactions: Sir Trooper

havermyer

Unremarkable User
I have unbound and rebound G, but the same thing keeps happening. I removed all files from my tf/custom folder and restarted the game, then rebound 'g' again... there must be something that I'm missing. If I figure this out, I'll be sure to post the answer. I also tried turning off 'fast weapon switching' under advanced keyboard options, but no dice.

It seems like something is instantly switching back to my last weapon as soon as I start eating. I am wondering if it might be related to the !equip function - is there a way to undo all of my !equips? I tried using !equip to add the sandvich to my loadout, and I tried changing my loadout the normal way, too. Maybe the !equip thing is unrelated, no clue.

Thanks for all your help so far!

havermyer

Unremarkable User
Found here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Taunts

The server-side command tf_allow_taunt_switch can allow players to switch weapons mid-taunt:
  • When set to 0, weapons cannot be switched during taunts. This is the value used for official matchmaking servers.
  • When set to 1, weapons can be switched at the very start of the taunt, but not during the majority of the animation. This results in a character performing the taunt for the weapon being used before pressing the taunt key, but holding the new weapon. This behavior was originally a glitch that was unintentionally "fixed" in the Mann-Conomy Update, and later made into a server side option at community request.
  • When set to 2, weapons can be switched at any time during a taunt.