Caleb Mortensen

Unremarkable User
Link to your Steam profile:
Your 64 bit SteamID:
Link proof of your playing time (30 hours on our servers required):
When are you active? What timezone?:
I'm available in the mornings from 8:00 am to about 2 p.m.
How do you tell if someone is aimbotting?:
I've done a lot of research into this, and there are a few ways you can tell between someone who is just really good and someone who is Aim Botting. If they are aiming at a target and flick to a different target as soon as they start firing, aimbot is obvious, because it locked on to the wrong player. It also will shoot at players through rocks or trees with 100% accuracy, and will lock onto players that are fully behind cover. Aimbot can be not as obvious, locking on to a target only enough to hit them, maybe not just hitting the head.
When is it ok to use god mode?:
When spectating players after receiving reports of possible cheats. It also depends what kind of admin I'll be, if I'm only a chat mod or something I probably won't have god mode. God mode is only to help watch players to gain more evidence before a ban. After all, it's hard to confront and ban someone who is constantly killing you with their bots or scripts.
When is it ok to give items?:
Never, even if the player has lost items to a faulty server, or bug. An admin can never know if the player is just trying to get something for free.
Will you get mad if you lose admin for "no reason"?:
Nope, because I'm sure it's for a reason.
Anything else you want to say:
I used to own a server for about 6 months, where mostly my friends and I played on it. However, we had about 30-40 people on average on our server. I ran into about 10 cheaters. I don't know what it is about small servers and low pop, but cheaters think they can just get away with anything. I have fun wasting cheater's money on hacks they can't use, and it makes me feel good to know how many players I'm saving from unfair gameplay.

Being an admin on a bigger pop server has been something I've really wanted to do, because I have had hackers ruin my Rust experience many times over and I hate people who have to take the easy way out while others try to grind the game.​

Caleb Mortensen

Unremarkable User
Link to your Steam profile:
Your 64 bit SteamID:
Link proof of your playing time (30 hours on our servers required):
When are you active? What timezone?:
I'm available in the mornings from 8:00 am to about 2 p.m. MST
How do you tell if someone is aimbotting?:
I've done a lot of research into this, and there are a few ways you can tell between someone who is just really good and someone who is Aim Botting. If they are aiming at a target and flick to a different target as soon as they start firing, aimbot is obvious, because it locked on to the wrong player. It also will shoot at players through rocks or trees with 100% accuracy, and will lock onto players that are fully behind cover. Aimbot can be not as obvious, locking on to a target only enough to hit them, maybe not just hitting the head.
When is it ok to use god mode?:
When spectating players after receiving reports of possible cheats. It also depends what kind of admin I'll be, if I'm only a chat mod or something I probably won't have god mode. God mode is only to help watch players to gain more evidence before a ban. After all, it's hard to confront and ban someone who is constantly killing you with their bots or scripts.
When is it ok to give items?:
Never, even if the player has lost items to a faulty server, or bug. An admin can never know if the player is just trying to get something for free.
Will you get mad if you lose admin for "no reason"?:
Nope, because I'm sure it's for a reason.
Anything else you want to say:
I copied this from my previous submission, because I needed to put my steam profile as public and put a time zone.

I used to own a server for about 6 months, where mostly my friends and I played on it. However, we had about 30-40 people on average on our server. I ran into about 10 cheaters. I don't know what it is about small servers and low pop, but cheaters think they can just get away with anything. I have fun wasting cheater's money on hacks they can't use, and it makes me feel good to know how many players I'm saving from unfair gameplay.​