Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/1heuz7/warning_russian_users_can_use_an_exploit_to_shut/
AdAnB9r.png

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Wait.. they have machines I can shove my cash into to be deposited into my steam account?!

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Finally I can feel less bigoted and more justified when blocking anything or anyone that sends me an invite to a Russian server group.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
in the reddit thread:
MonkfishEsq said:
Yo. Tarquin here. I just figured I'd stop by here to set a few facts straight:
-My steam login and steam username are different -I never gave out my steam login name to anyone -I never spent the money that went into my account -Steam automatically converted the rubles into my currency (GBP. It was 20 pence)
Blame me for trolling or whatever. But do you really think telling people using global chat like skype to "sshhh" warrants me getting my account transaction banned for 9 weeks?
Yeah.
e: Steam actually came through and lifted the account restrictions. Honestly thought they were going to leave me banned for 9 weeks.
Valve employee said:
For the sake of clarity, whoever added those funds to your account didn't issue a chargeback. Support issued a sort of "virtual chargeback" when you notified them that the account received funds that you didn't know about (which was awesome of you, btw), and then the account lock that's associated with that chargeback didn't get removed properly. We're going to fix our support tools so that this can't happen anymore.
So there's no evidence that there was ever a bad guy here.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Oh my God, I actually made a Russian guy pretty mad a few days ago. I'm scared ;_;
read my post above yours. the lock was due to an error on Valve's end. Valve is fixing their support tools so it doesn't happen again.