Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Before you say "Hey that is already a thread!", hear me out.
First off, I agree with the other thread that we need to in the very least reword our rules so as to be completely clear and coherent as to the meaning behind each rule. That said, I think we need a set of punishments that go with each rule. Of course they would be progressing, as in they get worse the more offenses you rack up. Different rules obviously carrying more weight than others. The thing I am getting at, consistency makes for a no bullshit environment in terms of rule enforcement. Nobody can claim "BADMIN BADMIN BADMIN" when procedures are laid out and followed to a T. I think we had this in the past because most of the veteran admins (Toxic, Roman, Cinic, ect) seem to be on the same page. What do you guys think?

Reactions: bananapie62 1

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Before you say "Hey that is already a thread!", hear me out.
First off, I agree with the other thread that we need to in the very least reword our rules so as to be completely clear and coherent as to the meaning behind each rule. That said, I think we need a set of punishments that go with each rule. Of course they would be progressing, as in they get worse the more offenses you rack up. Different rules obviously carrying more weight than others. The thing I am getting at, consistency makes for a no bullshit environment in terms of rule enforcement. Nobody can claim "BADMIN BADMIN BADMIN" when procedures are laid out and followed to a T. I think we had this in the past because most of the veteran admins (Toxic, Roman, Cinic, ect) seem to be on the same page. What do you guys think?
I do agree that there should be set punishments. I mean, some traffic laws have a similar setup for first offense and later offenses.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I don't see our admins giving out unreasonable bans so I don't know if there is much that needs to be changed.
But I have nothing against set punishments; just saying that our current system seems to work as well.

bananapie62 1

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
i also agree, if you set up punishment based on the degree then there will be less chance of people yelling BAD ADMIN or at least the admin will have a chance to defend himself. but for me personaly i could just settle for more define rules and just leave it at that.

Reactions: (cYs) Del Piero

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I definitely like the idea of an established tiered punishment system. There are very few (if any) administrative actions I have seen on skial that I disagreed with, but I have seen/heard significant confusion regarding appropriate punishments, even from established admins so a set of guidelines definitely seems like a good idea.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
We have this.

http://www.skial.com/threads/minimum-ban-length-for-certain-offenses.7597/

It should be something like this.

1-2 days for minor/first offense
1 week for medium/second offense
1 month for severe/third offense
Permanent

Length should be increased if the player does not play much so they will know they were banned if they only play once a week, or if they have a prior record in other communities. Clear hacking such as using a name stealer is an automatic permaban.

However, there are certain exceptions. Without all the facts, it's impossible to know what was going through someone's mind when cleaning up the community. There is a lot of subjectiveness in what we do.

And honestly, if someone gets banned for doing something horrible, do you really want them coming back SOONER?

Reactions: wokmage

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i have had no complaints (that i know of) on how i admin. I am more then fair on how i deal out my bans. If someone has no change in attitude after the first one or two bans, im going for a longer ban. period. If he wants to play on our servers he can come apologize.

the ban length is more of a guideline i go by. Its what i use for minor offenses. Like telly trapping, mic spamming.ect

otherwise i go by my instincts of being a good admin, and handling my bans based on the situation at hand. Because each situation is different, and should be reacted too based on that situation. not by a set of guidelines. I have no problem jumping strait to a perm ban on some cases, and i will continue to do so if the situation calls for it

Reactions: wokmage

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ok. I honestly just wanted to make sure there was some kind of guideline. When I saw the racist being banned for 6 months on a second offense, I was quite shocked tbh. I can understand if you are black and that word truly offends you, but personal feelings should never be involved. I have seen far worse things said carry less punishment. So basically what I am getting at is I would like to see consistancy across the board.

Reactions: CiNiC