D

DeadHerald

Brava to the U.S. Justice Dept. for dragging the name of one of baseball's greatest pitchers through the mud when they never had much of a case to begin with. BTW, U.S. taxpayers, we got rung up on this moronic witch hunt to the tune of $3,000,000 in judiciary expenses.

derp-obama.jpg

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Pretty much ruined his chance of ever getting into the HoF
As Daniel Tosh said, the recordbooks have been skewed for over a century. Do you think if they allowed non whites to play that Babe Ruth would have had so many homers? Hell to the fuck no.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Baseball is exempt from anti-trust laws. This allowed baseball to run as a monopoly for 100+ years. One of the main reasons why baseball players appear before congress. Clemens juiced and everyone knows it. He will not get into the hall of fame for now, he will probably have to wait 15 years. same for bonds.

D

DeadHerald

There was never any real evidence that Clemens was doping. Sadly, you're probably right. This will far delay his entry into Cooperstown. But that's only because the Baseball Hall of Fame is run by morons.

Mikhail_Grabovski

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Its easy to conclude that Clemens was up to something shady just based on his ridiculous stats as he approached the end of his career. Might be hearsay, but so what?

The question really becomes: should the HOF reject induction of any player based on 'moral' reasons alone?

I say no. Judge them by what they do on the field. Drug revelations occur all the time in baseball. Tim Raines carried a vial of cocaine in his back pocket during some games and always slid head first so as not to damage the vial.

At what point does the average fan stop caring if athletes use performance enhancers?

FearlessJuggernaut

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
There was never any real evidence that Clemens was doping. Sadly, you're probably right. This will far delay his entry into Cooperstown. But that's only because the Baseball Hall of Fame is run by morons.

Morons? .............................or Mormons?:trollexcited:

Metal Gear Awesome <skial>

Legendary Skial King
Clemens was obviously on the fix, but I never expected him to be convicted. Drugs aside, he was a GREAT pitcher, one of the best, and he deserves HoF. Even so, if there was some sort of second-tier HoF I could give him, I would.