LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
Yes I already know Runescape was dead before. Now it's official. The company Jagex, recently sold themselves out to some Chinese company. Now it'll turn into some Starcraft or League ripoff and it'll be bad.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/83f1d1ea-ea8d-11e5-888e-2eadd5fbc4a4.html#axzz430qOZpzG

12809820_830963960365406_552902499_o.jpg

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Wait 'till Trump hears about this and uses it as rally material.

Boycott Oreos. Boycott Caterpillar. Boycott that airconditioning company that's moving to Mexico. Boycott Jagex.

We're making bad deals. America doesn't win anymore. Jagex isn't winning, China is. Well I got news for China -- we're going to build our own Runescape, with a yuge, beautiful DLC. And we're making China pay for all of it. We're going to start winning again.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wait 'till Trump hears about this and uses it as rally material.

Boycott Oreos. Boycott Caterpillar. Boycott that airconditioning company that's moving to Mexico. Boycott Jagex.

We're making bad deals. America doesn't win anymore. Jagex isn't winning, China is. Well I got news for China -- we're going to build our own Runescape, with a yuge, beautiful DLC. And we're making China pay for all of it. We're going to start winning again.

Boycott oxygen. Boycott anyone with an IQ of over 3

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Runescape died the day old wildy pking was removed and replaced with the Bounty Hunter game that nobody liked.

Toxik

Contributor
Runescape was dead when they removed the mind-numbing grind that would take forever to gain a single level

Oh wait

Reactions: Meowcenary

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Runescape was dead when they removed the mind-numbing grind that would take forever to gain a single level

Oh wait

That's the reason I quit that game sometime ago

I always loved certain aspects of the game but the grinding was ridiculous

"We've released some cool new content! But you have to spend literally 450 hours getting your skills up to play it. And you have to do 12 quests to go there, all of which require 22 other lengthy quests to complete. You also need these arbitrary items because reasons to access this place which is going to take another 13 hours of gameplay to get. Have fun!"

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
That's the reason I quit that game sometime ago

I always loved certain aspects of the game but the grinding was ridiculous

"We've released some cool new content! But you have to spend literally 450 hours getting your skills up to play it. And you have to do 12 quests to go there, all of which require 22 other lengthy quests to complete. You also need these arbitrary items because reasons to access this place which is going to take another 13 hours of gameplay to get. Have fun!"

Lol I finished all the runescape quests within one year and I'm level 130. I love RuneHQ, the only ridiculous and most annoying skill to level up was Agility, Thieving and Divination.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Lol I finished all the runescape quests within one year and I'm level 130. I love RuneHQ, the only ridiculous and most annoying skill to level up was Agility, Thieving and Divination.

Even the easy skills to level still take many many hours to get up.

I'm not saying Runescape is bad. Some people thoroughly enjoy the grinding and the game has a solid following but saying it isn't super grindy is like saying water isn't wet

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
Even the easy skills to level still take many many hours to get up.

I'm not saying Runescape is bad. Some people thoroughly enjoy the grinding and the game has a solid following but saying it isn't super grindy is like saying water isn't wet

I enjoy grinding games like that. Dunno why, either because I grew up with it or something else.