• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Do you think the TF2 Dev team's choice was the right one?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
rating 'Dumb' because TF2 Dev didn't do anything yet, what they wrote 2 months ago was a WIP and is still subject to change

|LABS| Minty Coffee

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It's rightfully being removed. The scout is a close range character, he shouldn't have a long range pick ability, that is what sniper is for. The whole functionality of the class is that he excels in close range, is moderate at mid range but is lackluster at long range, and that's what makes scout a balanced class. Unlike say, sniper's bushwacka which has a massive risk factor, scout takes no risks getting a free crit with a stunlock. It might be hard to pull off if inexperienced, sure, but being tough to pull off doesn't make it balanced.

HACBobRoss

Unremarkable User
That combo is my bread and butter when it comes to dealing with soldiers and especially heavies. It makes short work of them so I can move on to the next obstacle. I also utilize that combo to stop other scouts from jumping around like cloud nymphs and medics from running away from me backwards while shooting needles.

I don't see an imbalance really as you need to have some distance for the stun to kick off and good timing to land the cleaver if they are able to move while stunned.