Bottiger

Administrator
mWMgu9E.jpg

After a few days of trying to let the players decide how they want to handle racism on the servers, we have received complaints that cases of racism were not being dealt with. There were also players spreading false information that racism was now allowed.

In order to bridge the gap between those that feel we are too lenient and those that feel we are too strict, we have drafted some new rules which hopefully everyone will be satisfied with.

Here are the new additions to the rules.
  • Racism
    • Racial slurs or stereotypes are not allowed.
    • However, you may use the term "nigga" without negative words or stereotypes. Examples of negative words include but not limited to: dumb, bad, hate.
  • Other Discrimination: Any persistent discrimination based on gender or religion is not allowed. What qualifies as persistent will be determined by an admin.

arugula

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
will you reban/mute people who's ban/mute was lifted from racism rule?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If 'nigga' is allowed in a non-negative context, does the same apply to 'nigger' being used in a non-negative way?

Not trying to be nit picky, just want to make sure I understand all of this correctly

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
If 'nigga' is allowed in a non-negative context, does the same apply to 'nigger' being used in a non-negative way?

Not trying to be nit picky, just want to make sure I understand all of this correctly

The n-word with er at the end is never considered friendly

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This respects those who have felt comforted by skials anti-discrimination rules for so long and also preserves a player base who seeks a certain leniency. (This will help hold both populations)

Oh, and to be fair, although we all laughed at that suggestion: Fairnessplease did practically suggest this a while ago.

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How does this apply to "nigga" and "nigger" in songs?
If the song uses those words in a harmful context, we punish for it. However some songs don't so we dismiss it and leave it to the server to mute as spam if they deem it spam. If it includes the n word with no harmful context and a vote is made against them for racism, that's votemenu abuse.

SnowyDevil

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
To me the word nigger is never friendly. I can understand if they use nigga in friendly way but nigger is just racist.

Denis

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
To me the word nigger is never friendly. I can understand if they use nigga in friendly way but nigger is just racist.
The word "nigger" can be used in a non-racist way if used objectively to prove or explain a point. For example the sentence "He said "nigger" is not racist in itself. Either way the usage of the word "nigger" is not permitted on any Skial servers, be it with racist or not racist intentions.

Last edited:

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
If the song uses those words in a harmful context, we punish for it. However some songs don't so we dismiss it and leave it to the server to mute as spam if they deem it spam. If it includes the n word with no harmful context and a vote is made against them for racism, that's votemenu abuse.
Alright, thank you.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Alright, thank you.

I'd just straight up not use or say anything containing any form of the n-word.
As far as I'm aware, ANY usage of the n-word ending in "er" can get you silenced.
Using the n-word just ending in "a" will get you silenced if it is offensive (per rules).
This should transfer to songs, "er" never allowed, "a" allowed in a friendly way.

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
I'd just straight up not use or say anything containing any form of the n-word.
As far as I'm aware, ANY usage of the n-word ending in "er" can get you silenced.
Using the n-word just ending in "a" will get you silenced if it is offensive (per rules).
This should transfer to songs, "er" never allowed, "a" allowed in a friendly way.
Avoidance seems like the best method in that case, helpful.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Calling a vote for racism instead of spam in certain contexts being punishable as abuse is pretty stupid and confusing. Everyone has a different view of what negativity is

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Calling a vote for racism instead of spam in certain contexts being punishable as abuse is pretty stupid and confusing. Everyone has a different view of what negativity is
That's true but there's a clear line between being negative and just saying the word

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
if someone uses the word at all, it should be up to server discretion. It's not right to tell users they have to be okay with a racist word just because they loopholed it into a certain context