Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Firstly, If it's going to be just a generic plugin then it's not really anything special, the only reason I played on this jailbreak originally is because it was unique and simple.

Might as well play on a different server if it's just the same you know what I'm saying?

Although I don't like the other servers because they use a generic plugin.

Now secondly, I think we should have Jailbreak Moderators who are voted in by regulars and can Only ban/silence for Jailbreak Offenses. If somebody breaks a Skial Rule such as Racism, Spamming or Advertising Hacks, etc. then they should be banned by a Skial Admin for the appropriate time.

• Jailbreak Moderators would only be able to ban for a maximum of 24-36 hours, and silence for a maximum of 2 hours. Jailbreak Moderators should also be able to slay and kick people, if a ban isn't deemed necessary.
  • If somebody is banned/silenced for a Jailbreak Offense, it should not affect their ban time if get banned/silenced for breaking a Skial Rule at a later date.
  • If somebody does persist however, and is constantly getting banned or silenced by a Jailbreak Moderator, the moderator can request a Skial Admin to ban/silence them for a longer time, this should be a last resort.
Finally, I think I should create a new official Jailbreak rules thread so that I can apply any changes that we (the people who regularly play jailbreak) decide on.

Last edited:

Link

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
-1 can we just let it die already and move on with our lives? i've seen barely anyone actually play jailbreak recently and i doubt just re-adding the old plugin and adding a jailbreak-only moderator feature wouldn't work very well at all
jailbreak.png

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1, based on the statistics, Jailbreak will be dropped at the end of the summer, meaning that Jailbreak Moderators would also be dropped, leading to a pointlessly short role.

Bottiger

Administrator
The public plugin is not that much different from our custom one.

You don't have to pick a pre-made last request. You can type in a custom one so it is as free-form as our old plugin.

Making a separate ban system just for jailbreak is not the solution. The more admins you make, the more "Lukes" there will be.

The fact that our jailbreak server died, and there are others out there that don't have 100 admins that are doing fine, proves that having a free form plugin and having admins enforce everything is the wrong thing to do.

Reactions: serbey