coldcs

Unremarkable User
Most of the time the people who haven't setup the steam profile are most likely cheating.. I haven't seen someone who is playing the game legitimately not have their community profile setup and I believe it would be a great addition to the server.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Most of the time the people who haven't setup the steam profile are most likely cheating.. I haven't seen someone who is playing the game legitimately not have their community profile setup and I believe it would be a great addition to the server.
It's not going to stop them, nor slow them down. Most cheaters have basic profile setups anyway.

coldcs

Unremarkable User
It's not going to stop them, nor slow them down. Most cheaters have basic profile setups anyway.
I get what you're saying but I figured it would mainly be good to notify an admin of a potential cheater, if they were to setup their profile and rejoin the server. Besides there are usually close to 5 people with their profile not setup on the server. A single cheater can cause a lot of damage to normal players anyways.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
A new player would randomly buy rust and play on skial? Not even doing anything to their profile? Cheaters with steam profiles set up are so common.
It happens all the time. Someone watches a video of a game on YouTube and rushes to download it. People don't set up their profiles all the time. It's not just a steam thing.

And yes, it's easy for a cheater to create one. I was just pointing out the fallacy in his logic.

y Moi

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It happens all the time. Someone watches a video of a game on YouTube and rushes to download it. People don't set up their profiles all the time. It's not just a steam thing.

And yes, it's easy for a cheater to create one. I was just pointing out the fallacy in his logic.
Alright listen, the chances of a legit player making a new account and buying rust without setting up any details or changing their name and joining a modded server that doesn’t show up in the first results are so slim it makes no sense to even debate about it. If somehow it happens then the legit player can just set up their profile and be done with it.