Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
First and foremost, This would only be available on Trade/Idle Servers

This is a poll to suggest three different features that I'd like to see in the servers, and to persuade the community and fellow staff why these would be a great idea to implement. Choose which one you'd rather see!

The command could be a specific price on the store (something like 35K credits a week?) and be available to donators.

Resize Player

A player resize command has been suggested by a few, including myself, but has been denied due to possible abuse as had happened in the past when the command existed.

My idea is to allow 25-50% reduction in size, or 25% growth in size. This will prevent it being too impossible to hit enemy players, which brings us to a point. This can be used in conjunction with the jetpack, gimme commands or speed to make it very difficult to fight players using it, and can be a bit of a put off.

However, we must remember these are trade/idle servers with no real objectives, but people may still complain.

One possibility is to disable the ability to use jetpack while your size is changed, although i'm not sure if that's possible or how simple/complex it would be.

Another fix would be to enable a friendly state while resized, but disable specific weapons like the shortstop to prevent abuse of that.

Resize Head

Resizing the head is another option. It could be made no larger than the RTD head size, and no smaller than a 25-50% reduction. However, this presents a problem when sniping. (I'd honestly take it as a challenge) but preventing it from being too small would make it less of an issue. This could also essentially be free like jetpack to allow any player to use it.

Change Character Pitch

A lot of people like the ability to change their size because it also changes the pitch. This could allow you to change the pitch of your character's voice, either deeper or higher. Some may complain it would defeat the purpose of having spelled items that change your pitch, but it's no different than having the !hat command.

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Resize player or resize head would both be fun ideas to walk around with on trade servers.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Resize Player
Yeah, as long as people are aware that you can get trapped in the floor and reset by being too small.
If you're in certain places with RTD tiny player (disabled normally, admins have access) ends - you respawn.

If this is an ability, I don't think you should be able to make yourself super small, or super tall however.
Maybe allow different choices between 50% and 150% of the normal class model size to prevent this.

Resize Head
Yeah, since we already have this with RTD, it shouldn't cause too many complaints.
There should still be a minimum and maximum size restriction however.

Neither of these should cause too much of an issue since it's just trade/idle.

Change Character Pitch
No. Buzz Killer is bad enough as it is (and has sometimes been punishable).

Also...
https://www.skial.com/threads/resize-option-for-trade-idle.67462/
https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-player-resize-command-for-trade-idle.70250/
https://www.skial.com/threads/resize-command-for-donators-store.74152/

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Resizing your head also changes your pitch.

I like these ideas, hey good idea we can equip the buzz killer and then increase the pitch to make it even more annoying.

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I love the resizing options. However, I'm not a fan of the character pitch. I feel that would end up becoming very annoying.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
+1

also agree with those against changing voice pitch. unless there's a short pitch range AND a way we can do it whenever Halloween/FullMoon is NOT active (thus, making the Brundle Bundle/Voices From Below issue moot)

Zappheus

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
+1

I would also agree on changing the voice pitch. I penchant the deadly voice perk sound in the roll
the dice mod. It changes the voice to a deadlier/scarier pitch. And I also enjoy listening to
the high-pitched voice when being resized.