• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Brains. They're delicious

Mildly Menacing Medic
Can an admin add the Tf2 ghost mode plugin to hale/ff2, it is initially for arena but it works for those gamemodes aswell.
While I do not have permission to post a link since this is a new account it should be easy to find.

It is called [TF2] Ghost Mode version 1.5.

This will allow us impatient players to actually move around and feel free rather than being constricted to that stupid default arena spectator screen.

I'm sorry, I just really hate that screen and this plugin allows many things:
-The ghost player can move around and interact with other ghosts.
-Living players cannot see ghosts
-Ghosts can dance/taunt and have fun to pass time while waiting for the next round.

Mildly Menacing Medic
yes, that is the link.

I forgot to mention the key thing about why I need this mod and that is mobility and MOST importantly. I need to move because I have AAD and I hyperfocus and my thing in TF2 is I need to hit walls to keep myself satisfied otherwise I feel weird.

But besides from my own personal issues with the arena mode screen it will also allow ghost players to spectate the match fully, being able to see more than just a few camera angles.

EDIT: not hit, but just walk next to

Last edited:

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
I think this is a great suggestion, it can be pretty boring to spectate in Saxton Hale or FF2.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I was going to say that it might be easier to have the Hale/FF2 plugin give everyone condition 76 (which adds condition 77 (ghost) on-death) when the round starts, but noticed that Bottiger is mentioned twice in the changelog.

either way, this thread will probably go officially unnoticed until a forum mod moves this to the Suggestions board

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If they're invisible to real players, I'm fine with this.

This could work in other arena game modes, such as jailbreak as long as this is true:
Not sure, currently in game we can see if someone switches teams.
If we had ghosts being able to watch players from the other team - it could be a problem.
Since people could ghost through Steam and give away positions without being called out.

Reactions: Reedgreat

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yes, but they don't see much more than any other spectator can. An average death spectator can still give away locations.

My point being it won't make the problem any worse than it already is.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yes, but they don't see much more than any other spectator can. An average death spectator can still give away locations.

My point being it won't make the problem any worse than it already is.

Oh, right.

Honestly - I'm not sure.
...as far as I can remember, when you're dead - you can only view your own team/static map cameras.

Switching to Spectate might let you look around the map freely, but this is logged so we know they did it.