wakka_wakka

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Summary VPN warning but not on VPN

Detailed Explanation
In the last couple days, I have receiving a warning when joining Skial servers. The warning is that I'm on a VPN or using an IP used by scammers / hackers. Something along those lines.

I don't get kicked, or temp banned, I just get a warning.

I am not using a VPN when this happens, and have an IP from a large vendor in the U.S.A.

Using sites like "what is my IP" confirms what the internet sees me as, and matches my router.

So what gives?

gala

Contributor
Summary VPN warning but not on VPN

Detailed Explanation
In the last couple days, I have receiving a warning when joining Skial servers. The warning is that I'm on a VPN or using an IP used by scammers / hackers. Something along those lines.

I don't get kicked, or temp banned, I just get a warning.

I am not using a VPN when this happens, and have an IP from a large vendor in the U.S.A.

Using sites like "what is my IP" confirms what the internet sees me as, and matches my router.

So what gives?
Are you using mobile hotspot

Bottiger

Administrator
There's nothing more for me to say. You have a vpn on your IP. Whether or not you are using it doesn't really matter.

Check your computer, check your router, turn it off if you want the warnings to stop. But it's not a false positive.

wakka_wakka

Scarcely Lethal Noob
There's nothing more for me to say. You have a vpn on your IP. Whether or not you are using it doesn't really matter.

Check your computer, check your router, turn it off if you want the warnings to stop. But it's not a false positive.

Ok, agree to disagree. Also, the warnings stopped being displayed by skials servers with nothing changed on my end.

Last edited:

Darth Hater

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
I'm also having the same issue as of rn. The warnings keep coming up and i'm very worried. I'm not using a VPN at all to my knowledge and i'm running off my home wifi. This message has only just popped up today. Someone help???