tar -zcvf

Unremarkable User
Summary Unable to connect to any Skial servers - connection failed after 4 retries

Detailed Explanation
Hey there,

I'm a regular player on the TF2 2fort+ Sydney server, and to the best of my understanding, I haven't broken any of Skial's rules. Recently, I have (somewhat spontaneously) become unable to connect to any Skial servers. All non-Skial servers work fine for me.

Steps to reproduce on my machine:
1. launch TF2
2. connect to Skial 2fort+ Sydney

After I initiate the connection process to the server, it gets stuck on 'Connecting', and I eventually get disconnected for 'Connection failed after 4 retries'.

I've tried (to no avail):
- connecting at a time where the player limit hasn't been reached (22/32),
- making sure Windows Firewall allows the specific port that the 2fort+ server runs on (inbound, outbound),
- restarting the PC,
- reinstalling TF2 (neither installs were modified),
- the '+clientport' trick suggested in one of the threads on the forums where the user has the same issue as myself

Nothing has changed on my PC since my last successful connection. I don't have any antivirus or firewall in addition to Microsoft's own software.

I've attached the requested WinMTR report:

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                            ARCHER_VR600 -    0 |   40 |   40 |    0 |    0 |    3 |    1 |
|                 bng01-per01.as10214.net -    0 |   40 |   40 |   13 |   14 |   25 |   13 |
|      et-3-1-1421-pe01-per01.as10214.net -    0 |   40 |   40 |   12 |   17 |  153 |   12 |
|                  pe01-syd01.as10214.net -    0 |   40 |   40 |   58 |   58 |   61 |   59 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |    9 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                          91.216.250.193 -    0 |   40 |   40 |   59 |   59 |   61 |   59 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers

Bottiger

Administrator
Can you ask your ISP about this? The winmtr shows you have no problems reaching our server. We've also recorded other people from your ISP connecting without any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: tar -zcvf

tar -zcvf

Unremarkable User
Confirmed on Discord that the connection does not fail on my PC by using the 4G mobile network instead of my standard connection to the ISP. Will see if it resolves in a week or two and post any updates here.