Sasurai

Unremarkable User
Summary Unable to connect to 91.216.250.* servers

Detailed Explanation
I can't reach servers even when trying with IP address from TF2 console, and server list of Steam can't find the servers in this week. I'm from IPv6 network with IPv6 bridge.
MTR also can't find route, but servers respond ping from windows console.
I can connect LA and SG servers, and I could connect all servers, at least from TF2 console, in last week.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.11.1 - 0 | 45 | 45 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 9 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 91.216.250.16 - 0 | 45 | 45 | 146 | 147 | 157 | 147 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Bottiger

Administrator
What port are you connecting from? Can you try connecting from your mobile internet?

Last edited:

Sasurai

Unremarkable User
This is my hl2.exe port list. Firewall set all "allow, no limit", and another IP server (e.g. casual LA 1) is fine. Would this help to solve the problem? I don't have any mobile internet...

スクリーンショット 2023-04-12 185918.jpg

Bottiger

Administrator
Our ddos protection network will block source port of common attacks such as 1900. TF2 defaults to 27005 but if you have a strange network setup like ipv6 tunnel, then your sourceport can be something different. It is highly unlikely but possible that you are assigned one of these ddos ports because it is like a 10 in 30,000 chance.

To check what clientport you are using you'll have to connect to the LA server and tell us when you are connected.

Otherwise you can try asking your ISP to look into it. I can try asking our ddos provider but they take a while to reply.

Last edited:

Sasurai

Unremarkable User
Thanks.
I'll connect casual LA1 server in uncrowded hours and let you know the time connected and my ipv6/ipv4(over ipv6 tunnel) address.

Bottiger

Administrator
Thanks.
I'll connect casual LA1 server in uncrowded hours and let you know the time connected and my ipv6/ipv4(over ipv6 tunnel) address.

Hello we do not log the source port so you will have to do it when I am online to check. You can also try to host your own tf2 server on a vps to check as well.

Sasurai

Unremarkable User
Hello we do not log the source port so you will have to do it when I am online to check. You can also try to host your own tf2 server on a vps to check as well.
I got it. Pls let me know when I can join the LA server. My area is Japan Standard Time (+9), so if it's in your area's evening to next morning hours, I'll probably be able to connect to the LA server.

Bottiger

Administrator
You should tell me when you can join and maybe ping me on discord.

And also the chances of this being the issue is close to 0 and you would get assigned a new client port every time you connect. The problem is most likely your ISP blocking us for some reason.

Sasurai

Unremarkable User
I'll be in touch with you on discord when you are online and I can join. And I will ask my ISP about this issue.

Thanks anyway.

Sasurai

Unremarkable User
This morning, suddenly I can connect 91.216.250.* servers with TF2 console. I don't know which side, me and you, changed the network preferences, and I know it will occur in some other day. Steam server browser still does not show 91.216.250.* servers.
Anyway, this report would be able to be closed.
Thank you, Bottiger.