FluffyGoofball

Mildly Menacing Medic
Summary TF2: Vanilla LA 1 Server Restart Request (FPS Lag)

Detailed Explanation
Noticeable frame lag and frequent brief freezes on the server mentioned in the title. Most likely requires restart. The recording I took made the brief freezes look way better than what they actually are.

Evidence:

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Bottiger

Administrator
I went on the server and didn't notice anything.

If it doesn't show up in the demo it is likely your computer. The demo doesn't magically remove lag.

Uptime lag is caused by the server not changing maps for over 24 hours and this server changes maps every 40 minutes.

FluffyGoofball

Mildly Menacing Medic
I went on the server and didn't notice anything.

If it doesn't show up in the demo it is likely your computer. The demo doesn't magically remove lag.

Uptime lag is caused by the server not changing maps for over 24 hours and this server changes maps every 40 minutes.
This was not a demo, it was a recording via. OBS. Also, multiple people have mentioned such freezing and fps lag on the server. My computer is more than capable of running TF2 and has no issues doing so on any server outside of the Skial network. This was not an issue 2-3 days ago, and has gotten worse since then.

Bottiger

Administrator
If it doesn't show up on OBS, why would you think it would be the server's fault?

I'd suggest following the instructions that were shown to you at the top of the form.

If you have a problem with lag, please download this program and run it with the server ip address.

WinMTR Download

Copy and paste the results into the form.

Last edited:

CyberKitsune

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I was noticing these freezes too shortly after joining Vanilla LA 1. I'd restart the server to be safe

FluffyGoofball

Mildly Menacing Medic
If it doesn't show up on OBS, why would you think it would be the server's fault?

I'd suggest following the instructions that were shown to you at the top of the form.
Here's two rounds on the server, this time recording with display capture instead of game capture so OBS doesn't make the capture smoother, making the lag not look as bad as it actually is.