• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, on Valve servers you have this feature. You can also record by console. Just wondering, how come Skial servers don't have the replay feature? Could it possibly be brought back? I think it would probably make recording demos a bit easier.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
because it wastes a server slot and causes memory leak
Does it really? Huh.

So, admins have a sort of secret slot so could it be possible to give the replay its own slot instead of taking up a player slot?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Ah, alright. So, binding it would make it a lot easier and make a new recording each time the key is pressed, right?
I haven't tried it since I don't want to overwrite older demos, but for people submitting single-demo reports it's especially good since you won't have a bunch of clutter and space used up for old report demos. But I assume it works.

Try something like
Code:
bind "[" "record report"
and if that works throw in
Code:
bind "]" "stop demo"
and you're set.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I haven't tried it since I don't want to overwrite older demos, but for people submitting single-demo reports it's especially good since you won't have a bunch of clutter and space used up for old report demos. But I assume it works.

Try something like
Code:
bind "[" "record report"
and if that works throw in
Code:
bind "]" "stop demo"
and you're set.
Alright cool. Thanks!

As for the actual post itself, I'm set.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I did know a script that you could use a single button, and wrote to a new file each time, it was really complex, and used a lot of alias's I'll see if I can dig it out from a forum I use to frequent. I could never get my head around how it worked, for as you know scripts are kinda circular in their execution, but it did work.